Part 29

Warning, sexual content. (It's payback for their interrupted coitus.)

Few days passed and Henry and Alex went back to New York as an engaged couple. Only that no one in their lives knows about it yet and both Alex and Henry would rather keep it a secret. They enjoy sharing this secret of their engagement for now rather than parading it around people and letting them know when the time is right. Deep down Alex knew Henry felt strings attached to his old life that he can't seem to shake and for whatever reason, the ring on his finger felt like it needed to stay a while longer to make sense into his messed up mind.

They both arrived quite late last night and both ended up fall asleep straight away. When the morning light hit, Alex was the first one to wake up with his arm wrapped around Henry's waist. When he turned his gaze towards Henry's body next to him, he smiled exhaling a long sighed of relieve. Every single time he woke up, he feared Henry won't be there next to him. The sudden realization hits him that Henry could always pick his stuffs up and leave. Henry isn't the only one that has insecurities over him, Alex had it too.

Henry is still fast asleep when Alex was staring on his handsome face. The ring on his finger sparkles in between Henry's pale skin. Henry slept on his side with his palm under his cheek and Alex can hear the soft snores coming out of him. He leaned to kiss Henry on his forehead before he got up for the day.

Henry woke up hours later feeling exhaustion overcome him. He extended his arm over his side finding it empty and cold spread through his skin. He jumps looking around the room for Alex but he was no where to be found. He could feel his heart is thumping fast and his throat is dry when he tried to swallow. It's only then he could hear sounds coming from the outside of the living room and he heard clanking, he relaxed a little knowing Alex is home.

He climbed out of the bed and headed to the bathroom before he went to see what Alex is up to.

Henry saw Alex is flipping stuffs over the pan with his apron on and he was shirtless behind those apron except for his shorts cargo he had on. Typical texan boy, Henry thoughts. He didn't seem to realized that Henry is creeping up behind him while he is cooking and the soft music coming from the playlist of his phone by the speaker is on low tone. Henry knows Alex put it low so he won't wake Henry up and he also knows that Alex can't be in a quiet environment while he was doing something.

It wasn't until he wrapped his arm around Alex's waist that made him jumped a little with a tiny unmanly screamed. Henry chuckled behind him when Alex finally realized who it was and settles between Alex's neck. "Sorry I startled you." Henry said and Alex leaned back against his chest with his hand over Henry's arm by his waist and the other still flipping through the stuff he is cooking. "Smells good." Henry says and Alex nodded with a smile. "Making you scrambled eggs and some pancakes if you want." Alex asks stirring on the stuffs and tilt his head to his side for Henry.

"Sounds amazing." Henry says kissing his shoulder before he went to the coffee pot and poured himself a cup. "I trusted you will finish your plate this time?" Alex asks grabbing a plate from the side and put the eggs on them. Henry sighed sipping on his coffee from the side of the kitchen with his legs crossed, "Your expectation is high on me sir." Henry replied and Alex chuckled at his replies.

He placed the plate on the kitchen island and handout his arm for Henry. He grabbed Alex's palm with his and stride along to the table and took a seat on the high chairs next to him. They both had breakfast together and Henry did try to eat more than he should but his limits are done until the third time he had it stuffed in his mouth. "Hen, eat. Please, for me." Alex held out another fork in front of Henry's lips and he sighed turning his head away.