Part 16

"Is he alright?" Ellen asks concerned after she handed Alex his coffee and he took it willingly. "Yeah, he just need some rest, today has been a day for him." Alex says as he took a sip. He told his parents how Henry found his footing back in life and he is never been prouder of him. Finally Henry can start somewhere new hopefully they both would.

Henry finally stirs hours later finding Alex by his side talking to his parents and he can't help smiling at him. "Hey." Alex finally realized he is awake when he felt Henry's fingers stroking his and he finally looked towards him. "How you feel?" He asks and Henry nodded smiling at him, "Content." He says and it made Alex smile. "I'm glad. Now I am officially introducing you to my parents." He said and turned his gaze back at his parents and they both now standing by Henry bedside and Henry raised himself up.

"It's okay Henry, you need to rest." Ellen tried to push him back but Henry denied, he sat up and opened his arm for Ellen and she sat by his bed to return the hug. "Thank God you are alright." She whispered into his ears and Henry broke. It felt nice to have someone else other than Alex to finally said those words, he misses how motherly Ellen was since his mother is no longer in the picture for Henry.

She finally pulled Henry from their hugs and cupped both of his cheek in her hand staring at Henry's tired face. "I'm glad you both found each other." She said and behind her Oscar, he had his hand over her shoulders and he smiled at Henry too. "We have you to thank for Alex and I know how you don't have much family left but we are happy to be yours Henry. Always."

They can see Henry eyes flooded with tears after he heard Oscar said those words and Henry nodded before he grabbed Alex's hand in his. "Thank you." He whispered as Alex leaned to kiss him on his cheek.

"The doctor said you can start to eat. What you have in mind?" Alex asks and Henry who was now leaning against the bed with his back propped to 45 degree thinking hard on the first food he wants after hours he was kept fasting, almost 48 hours he counted.

"I -I don't know." Henry said still had his hand tangled with Alex next to him and he could see Alex sighs, "Come on Henry you must be hungry, starving even." Alex added and it made Henry quiet and his silent made Alex regret saying the words earlier.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean too." He said whispered into Henry's tangled hand and Henry half smile at him. "Wait, why are you sorry? I'm curious." Ellen asks after he saw how apologetic Alex were towards Henry after. They both were clueless and Henry turned his gaze to his side to face them both.

"I was homeless before I met Alex." Henry said and Ellen gasped. "Being hungry on the street had become my mundane life. I learned much more when I have no food in my stomach more than when I am. Drugs had made me stronger cause I won't care for anything other than surviving." He said and Ellen face broke into sadness. She gripped Henry's hand with hers and Alex had his on the other hand.

"I guess the accident changed mine entirely." He turned his gaze towards Alex on his side and he kissed Henry's knuckles with soft kisses. "You know what, me and your father is going to buy you both the best Mexican food in town for Henry." Ellen says as she stood and Oscar joined her.

"Mum, no." Alex shook his head at her, "What why?" She protest.

"His stomach is practically bleeding and tell me one Mexican food that has no spices." Alex added and it made her stopped and Henry chuckled. "Ah, I forgot." She said placing her handbag down on the chair and she took a sit on the arm rest.

"How about some porridge from Kwan's?" Oscar asks and Henry groaned in disgusts. "Yeah no, we both had our bad share of food poisoning at that place." Alex commented and Henry smiled. "That was horrible night." He added and Alex smiled remembering both him and Henry was literally on the floor having the worst food poisoning of their lives. But to Henry this is worst than any food poisoning ever.