Part 28

Henry muffled his cries in his palm so Alex won't be able to hear him. He sat on the floor by the tub holding on to his knees closer to his chest. Alex made his choice, he had to respect it. He knew sooner or later he would be in this situation knowing he couldn't leave his past behind. He ruined everything he had and everything in his life eventually would crumbled apart. Henry never felt this kind of pain before in his life. Never he had experienced this kind of pain even when he lost his parents, this was the worst he'd ever felt.

The way it twisted deep in his chest and his stomach Henry felt like he was going to throw up, probably passed out from thinking about the pain right now. Heartbreak. It was more painful than any other kind of pain he could self inflicted on himself. There is no amount of cutting himself that would make up for this pain. He won't survive this knowing well how he screwed up his own life. But he was proven wrong. 

He was startled by a warm hand over his and he looked up from his knees. Alex was kneeling beside him with a robe in his hand, "Here." He said pulling Henry up from the floor and pulled away the towel over his body and tossed them over the counter. He wrapped the robe over Henry's body and let him adjusted his arm over the sleeves before he pulled Henry's towel over his waist down on the floor and tied the robe closed.

Henry was confused at the gesture but he let Alex does what he did best, taking care of him. He later pulled Henry by his hand and guides him back to the living room. "Sit." He instructed Henry and he obeyed. Henry sat by the edge of the bed hugging the robe closer to his chest. He waited for Alex to say something but instead Alex went back to the luggage over the wardrobe. He had the same robe Henry had on his body and he tied it loosely over his waist.

"Thought you're already packing by now. What's stopping you?" Henry asks staring at him digging into his luggage. "Would it matter if I did?" He asks back without turning his head behind to see Henry's replying to him. "Why didn't you? I give you chance to leave, why didn't you leave?" Henry asks and Alex finally turned around to face him over the bed. "Because I'm not giving up on us. If you are then maybe you should leave then."

Henry knows Alex is daring but in this case, he won't be able to give him the satisfaction. Instead, he lowered his gaze down on his palm fidgeting over the robe tie around his lap. "I never say I'm giving up on us Alex. I'm just giving you an ultimatum. I don't want you to regret in the future knowing how much you can change your life without me in it." Henry could feel the tension in Alex's shoulder when he turned to face him. Henry felt his stares are burning holes on Henry's face.

"You think I would regret falling in love with you? Why would you think that? Why do you always thinks the worst on anything? Can't you just enjoy one moment without thinking badly about everything?" Alex asks and the moment he did he could feel instant regret saying it to Henry's face. "Because I have lived in life where hope would make you weak and love is nothing but lies. People said they love you but all they wanted is to hurt you. I don't blame you if you don't understand or if you wanted to leave, but I can't have you live your life being with someone you should't." Henry can see Alex had balled up his fist next to him when he told him to leave various times.

"Is that what you want then? You wanted me to leave so I won't regret it in the future for not leaving? If you are coward enough to leave, fine! Tell me Hen, tell me to leave then I will take my things and left you. At least you're home right? You don't have to go back to New York, start your new life here, where it was meant to be. The prodigal son returned." Alex says and Henry was hurt when Alex said those words to him.

"Tell me to go back. Tell me to leave Henry. What's stopping you?" Alex asks and Henry couldn't stopped his tears from flowing down his face. "You don't need me to tell you to leave Alex. If you want to, just go. I'm not gonna hold you back." Henry says and Alex clicked his tongue. "So if I walked out right now and go back to New York, you would be fine with it?" Alex asks and Henry stares at the floor beneath him feeling the tightness grew inside his chest.