Part 12

Alex shared the good news with Nora the next day and she was beyond happy knowing Henry had made Alex family reconciled and the guilt feeling she has over the years passed. She was happy when Alex had made his peace with his parents knowing that June wouldn't want them to hate each other.

"Thank you." She says to Henry and it caught him by surprised that morning when they both had coffee prior her clinic opening. Henry smiles although deep inside Nora could feel something is bothering Henry. "What is it?" She asks and Henry from looking down his cup raised his gaze towards Nora right in front of him.

"It's just felt like a dream. I'm just worried that if I wake up all of these will disappear." He says and Nora reached her hand for him and he took it. "You know what I think?" She asks and Henry raised his eyebrow at her, "I think it's the universe telling you that you deserved it. That all of your dark past needs to stay behind and you need to focus on the future."

Henry never did thought of the future before. He never had to think beyond two days of his life. The only thing he needs to remind himself is that today is enough for living. Enough food, enough sleep, enough money to survive. Although it was never enough for him, but he looked at it that way.

This time he had a chance to think probably five or ten years in the future. He smiled thinking of him and Alex sitting on the couch watching the television eating Chinese food, tossing the fortune cookie at each other. He thought of kissing Alex and watching him wake up each day had made a new memories inside of him.

The thought was rather interrupted when he felt the twisting pain over his stomach and he gripped his shirt with his fist. "Something wrong?" Nora asks and Henry exhaled and shook his head before he straightened his back trying to ease the pain. "Yeah, it's just I haven't eaten my medicine yet." Henry lied and began to look for it inside his bag.

"Henry, don't forget. You need to follow the timing or it would be pointless." Henry nods before he took out the medicine and popped it inside his mouth and gulped it down with his coffee.

He could feel the rising warmth creeping up his chest and behind his throat. "I'm not or Alex would have my head." He says and Nora chuckled. "Yeah he is a General in that one. Are you sure you're okay? You look a little pale." Nora asks cocking her head to take a good look at Henry.

Henry smiled before he could answer her that he is fine, Lucy came in with a folder in her hand, "Lex is here." She says and Nora smile taking the folder from her hand. "Ready for today?" She asks and Henry smiled nodding. "Let's see our favorite patient." He says and Nora grinned.

The day was long for Henry. He wished that he could tell Nora he wanted to cut it short and go home to rest. He could feel the pain over his stomach and his back had grew since last weekend and he couldn't understand why. He took the medicine accordingly and he followed Alex every instruction.

"Never take it on empty stomach!"

"Never take it later than usual."

"Followed my schedule not yours!"

Nora was right he is the General. Somehow he could almost see him giving command in other language. By the time the clock struck five, Henry sighed in relieve. "Nora." He called as soon as the last patient had left and Nora is practically drowning in her paperwork.

She looked up her gaze to meet Henry's standing by her glass door and she felt relieved, "Henry, I need help!" She begs and Henry was about to say something else but decides he helped her till she finished.

He stayed and continued doing her report and it took them almost two hours to complete the final documentation. It wasn't until Nora's phone rang and Henry could see it was Alex. The moment she answered them, he could hear Alex's screaming voice in her ears and she rolled her eyes.