Part 17

"I know it's hard. I can't imagined being in the same room with someone that tried to kill me but by doing this means you can put him out for good. Then you have nothing to be afraid of anymore." Santos was here bright and early at Alex's apartment when they are having breakfast with Alex's parents but they never expected him to deliver such news to Henry.

Alex told Sophia he needs to take a week off for Henry and his leave was granted considering he hasn't taken any for the past year. It was the perfect timing by the way considering he had promised to bring Henry to his Austin home. His parents in town and Thanksgiving is just around the corner and Henry is now being called for a line up.

He stares at Henry by his side, his hand gripped on his palm as Henry tried to process everything what Santos just told him. His eyes stares blankly at him and Henry was silence for a certain amount of time which cause Alex to worry.

"Babe." Alex called gripping his palm harder to bring his attention back to the room. His mind wanders around the event that happened and finally his gaze went back to Alex next to him.

"I need to think about it." He said before he stood up and left the living room headed to his own room. Alex heard him shut the door quietly and glad that he didn't lock it. Good thing about Henry is he still respects that Alex hated locked doors in this house. Little did he know is that Alex had witness countless time seeing June locking doors in their house and did multiple things that would lead her to her own mistakes.

Alex sighed and returned his gaze to Santos on the other side, "I'm sorry for bringing this up so soon Alex but the trial has time limit and if Henry didn't want to proceed then he goes free." The thought of Miguel might be free to walk around after what he did triggers anger in Alex's heart but he knew not to force Henry into doing anything. He eyed Santos joining his parents in the kitchen and he joined after.

"I'm worried about Henry." He said after he sat down by the table and he could see they all worried of him too. "Miguel had made an impact in his mind. Everything startled him, everything made him jumps. I don't know how I can help him. Now this, I don't think Henry would want to face him anymore." Alex voiced his concerned and soon he felt an arm wrapped around his chest and he looked to his side it was his mother.

"Honey. Henry doesn't need you to think it all for him. He just need you to be there for him. Be his strength, when he was weak. Be his legs when he couldn't walk, his arms when he couldn't reach. Be his voice when he couldn't speak. You need to be his ground when he needed to hold on right before he fall. Listen to him." Alex stared into his mum's face on his side and she is right.

"Thanks mum." He said before returned his gaze towards Santos who had a sip of his coffee talking to his father. "I'll make sure Miguel would rot in jail for what he did. I'll convince Henry." He said and Santos nodded raised his cup towards Alex.

After they all left, Alex decides to check up on Henry. He knocked on the door softly but he could only hear silence. He turned the doorknob to open and entered the room finding Henry lying on the bed facing the window with his back faces Alex.

Alex closed the door and went to Henry's on the bed wrapping his arm around Henry's chest from behind and Henry gripped his arm tighter towards his chest and Alex nestled his chin in the crook of Henry's neck. They both breathe in sync and Alex knows Henry felt calmer than earlier. He loves how his presence made Henry shifts that fast.

"Have they left?" Henry finally breaks the silence and Alex hummed. Henry turned to face Alex and Alex circled his arms around Henry's waist letting him nuzzled close to his neck. "I'm sorry I'm not being a good host. I just need some time alone." Henry whispered into Alex's neck and he could feel his warm breath into his skin.