The boy from the ice cream shop

I gasp hearing those loving words from Issac. This caused some attention to us, which Issac pinched my arm for. "Oww," I said rubbing my arm. Issac gives me a stern look. Oh, I fucked up. I fucked up big time.

So here's the thing. Since we would get tortured in the most hurtful painful ways, I had the idea that maybe I could find a way for us not to feel as much pain when we get punched or just something that would relieve the pain.

I've tried building some medicine but would either fail at my creation or get caught. So once on a mission, me and Abby had found some weed. And we took it. Luckily we've never been caught. We also made sure that the kids would never see us smoking or even have some.

"What chu got there, huh?" Maggie asked with both her hands on her hips. She raises one of her eyebrows. I looked at her surprised. At this point, it feels and looks like a mother about to beat a child ass.

I glare at Diego as I hear him chuckling in the corner of the kitchen counter. "It's just medicine," Issac said as he released my hand. "It's medicine for her eye. So she doesn't feel pain." He said as he walked over to her and picked her up.

Even though it looked as if she believed him, we all could see through her and knew that she would be snooping around later to see what it actually was. And she will be having Enzo do her dirty work.

"Humm," she said looking between all of us. However, she looked at Enzo a bit longer than with us. Proving to us that she will in fact, later try to find what we're hiding and will have Enzo doing her dirty work. Which would lead to both of them getting a long lecture from all of us. But mainly Issac.

Well, we'll deal with it later. As for right now, I need food. I dropped the bag on the counter walking over to the plate of food that I guess Diego and the kids set up. Abby had made some scrambled eggs with some toast.

While I was enjoying my breakfast at the table, Abby left too her room to drop some things off. Enzo was on the couch with Diego watching some wrestling videos, and Issac was in the kitchen with Maggie cleaning up.

After about 15 minutes, Enzo and Diego were re-enacting the wrestling fight, Abby had come back and was eating with me. And Maggie had started braiding Issac's hair. "Are we going to go with you guys or is someone gonna stay with us?" Enzo asked.

WHAT? "Huh?" I said confused. Where are we going? What are we doing? Who's gonna stay with whom? I'm so confused. I quickly finished off my food as Abby started explaining what was happening.

"The Avengers told us that there's training again. That's why we went to the store," she said getting up, taking my now empty plate and washing it. "And we're not going to leave them alone, so they are coming with us," Diego said signaling toward Enzo and Maggie who are now both together.

Again? Not that I'm complaining but...again? I already got a busted lip and a black eye."Can we practice too?" Maggie asked. This caught us by surprise, which led to Issac choking on his water and Abby in shock. I on the other hand was confused. Why would they want to train?

They both noticed our shock and took that as a bad sign. Enzo watches Maggie playing with her fingernails, which she only does when she's either nervous or scared. "It was my idea. I just want to be prepared for anything." He said.

Ever since Enzo knew about Maggie. Heard and saw what she had gone through, all he wanted to do was protect her. Enzo sees Maggie as a sister, so he would always be the first to ask about Maggie and would look for her.

"But we're here. We can protect you. Both of you." I said walking over to both of them. they both stay silent. "But if you really want to train, then we help you," Issac said this time. There was a moment of silence before both kids looked at each other again and smiled.

They both looked back at us, nodding their heads. "When do we start?" Maggie asked. Just as I was about to answer, Enzo started yapping, "OH can we start today? I really wanna fight against Ironman." He said smirking.

"Don't we all?" I said chuckling. "But no, not today. You can just watch." I said. While both of them said 'aww' Diego was laughing at them. Which caused Maggie to throw him her shoe.

As we were talking, some of the Avengers were coming. I make quick eye contact with James, seeing him walking in with the captain. Slowly more Avengers started making their way over as well.

Just as I was about to leave towards my room, Bruce came out of the elevator. "Hi," Maggie said smiling at him. I turn over to look at him just to see him already looking at me. We just stayed staring at each other for what felt like hours but was 5 seconds.

"Hey," Bruce said giving me a tight smile. I just nod my head in response. This definitely got the attention of everyone, seeing as the room went quiet as soon as Bruce looked over at me. "The empan- empanada..." He said stuttering saying empanadas.

I press my lips in, trying not to laugh. "Empanadas," I said trying to help him pronounce it right. but this also made my Spanish accent come out. "YA, that...umm they were good. Really good actually." He said looking between all of us.

"And I loved your letter." He said looking at Maggie. "thank you." Maggie said giving him a big smile. Even tho Bruce wasn't going to hurt Maggie, we still felt overprotective over her. This is why Issac had gotten over to Maggie and picked her up, giving Bruce a look of kill.

I turned around feeling someone's eyes on the back of my head, not only was James looking at me but the grassy-haired man Loki was also staring deep into my soul. What the fuck is his problem?

Suddenly the elevator door opened revealing stark, but then a smaller figure was shown behind him. Could that be another avenger? His girlfriend? Wait. Shock takes over my body seeing who it is. The boy from the ice cream shop.