#18 ᰔᩚ𝙄𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙫𝙖𝙢𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙ᰔᩚ

Jungwon |

I woke up, still keeping my eyes closed out of fear. The surroundings felt unfamiliar, and my senses were on high alert.

Someone was holding my hand, their touch gentle and comforting. Occasionally, another hand would caress my head, soothing my anxious thoughts.

After a few minutes, I mustered the courage to open my eyes. There, sitting on the bed beside me, was Jay.

A wave of relief washed over me, and a small, grateful smile formed on my face. I couldn't be happier to see him.

"Jay?" I spoke, my voice a bit hoarse. He looked at me with concern.

"Thank god you're finally awake. Are you okay?" Jay asked, his hand still holding mine.

I nodded weakly, still processing everything that had happened. He helped me get up, and he handed me a glass of water he had prepared beforehand.

Gratefully, I took it, my hands slightly trembling. After so many hours and days, I could finally drink something again. It felt relieving.

After finishing the glass, I mustered a small smile. "Can I get another one, please?"

Jay chuckled. "Of course." He left the room briefly and returned with another glass of water, which I also drank pretty quickly.

"Thank you," I said, my voice gaining a bit more strength.

Curiosity filled my eyes as I looked around the room. "Where are we?" I asked.

Jay smiled, "You're in my home."

My eyes widened. "That means..."

"Yeah, you're in the vampire world," Jay confirmed, and my jaw dropped.

"How is that even possible?" I asked.

Jay explained, "Heeseung can teleport two people at the same time. That's how we got you here."

I was amazed. "That's incredible."

A thought crossed my mind, and I voiced my concern, "Isn't it dangerous for me here?"

Jay reassured me, "It is fine as long as you're not staying here for too long. But don't worry, we'll make sure you'll be safe."

"We?"

Jay's gaze softened, and he nodded. "Yeah. My other friends are here too. We're all here to help you."

A sense of nervousness crept over me.

Jay noticed my hesitation and placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry. They're good people. You'll see. We just want to make sure you're safe."

"Thank you. I appreciate it."

I glanced around, noticing the quietness of the place. "Where are your friends now?"

Jay replied, "They're still sleeping. It's 5 am."

I blinked in disbelief. "Why are you awake then?"

A warm smile played on his lips. "I wanted to be here when you woke up. I stayed with you the whole night."

I was genuinely touched by his sincerity. "You didn't have to do that, really."

He shrugged, "I wanted to. I didn't want you to be alone now."

Just then, a rumble echoed from my stomach, making both Jay and me chuckle.

"I'll prepare something for you to eat. Meanwhile, you can freshen up, and maybe take a shower if you'd like."