#4 ᰔᩚ𝙂𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙣 𝙫𝙖𝙢𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙚ᰔᩚ

Jay |

I thought about Heeseung's command: "Kill him." Usually, ending a human's life wouldn't be a big problem, even if there was a risk someone might discover our secret.

Yet, when it came to Jungwon, everything felt different.

But Jungwon... his name alone sounded beautiful. There was something about him, something that stirred emotions I hadn't felt in a long time.

As I stood in the shadows, watching him from afar, my heart couldn't ignore the connection that had grown between us.

Why couldn't I bring myself to do what Heeseung ordered? It wasn't just about disobeying. It was about a reluctance deep within me. It wasn't fear of Heeseung's consequences; it was the fear of losing Jungwon.

Jungwon, with his tired eyes and the purplish marks on his neck, was a fragile soul.
Protecting him became an instinct, which I couldn't easily dismiss.

Seeing him hurt, both physically and mentally, was a sensation I hadn't anticipated. It wasn't just sympathy; it was an ache that resonated within me. I want to be a safe place for him. But why did it matter so much?

His rejection stung more than I wanted to admit. Why did I care if he didn't want me around? Why did I feel a longing to be a part of his life?

Even thinking about Jungwon makes me feel strange, like my insides are tangled up.  There's something different about him, something special.

⛧°。 ⋆༺🦇༻⋆。 °⛧
Jungwon |

It's been three days since that night with Jay, and I've been avoiding going outside as much as possible. Staying at home wasn't easy, but the thought of running into him again terrified me. Yet, today, my mum insisted we needed milk, and there was no escaping that errand.

As I stepped into the night, the darkness around me felt both comforting and unsettling. The streets were eerily quiet, and I couldn't shake off the feeling that Jay might appear out of nowhere. I told myself it was irrational, that he wouldn't just show up, but the fear lingered.

I walked, keeping my head down, hoping to remain unnoticed. And then I heard a rustle. My heart skipped a beat, and I froze for a second.

Suddenly, something slammed into me, and I found myself on the ground. Red eyes met mine, but it wasn't Jay this time. It was someone else.

This mysterious figure grabbed me, tossing me to the ground and hovering over me. Panic set in as I tried to break free, but the grip was too strong.

As the figure hovered over me, I caught a glimpse of those familiar fangs, confirming my worst fear. Another vampire. I already knew what was coming now. This would be my end for sure.

But just as the vampire's face neared my neck, a sudden force threw them away. "Beomgyu, get off of him!" a voice commanded. Confusion and relief washed over me as I heard those words. Beomgyu? Who was he?

"Why? You want him for yourself or what?"

"Just do what I tell you," the other person demanded, and that Beomgyu dude reluctantly moved away. As my vision cleared, I recognized the voice immediately. It was Jay.

My heart raced. Jay, whom I had pushed away, was now saving me from another of his kind. Weird, isn't it?

"Are you okay?" he asked and helped me get up.
I nodded.

"Why were you following me?" I finally mustered the courage to ask, my voice tinged with a hint of shyness.

Jay hesitated for a moment before responding, "I wasn't following you. I sensed danger, and I wanted to make sure you were safe."