#6 ᰔᩚ𝙀𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙮 𝙠𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙣ᰔᩚ

Jungwon |

Waking up, I noticed my parents were gone again. They often did this, leaving without a word for several days. I actually liked that, though.

This time, though, they didn't leave any money or groceries. That means no breakfast for today. Skipping it wasn't new to me, but seeing the empty kitchen made me realize how much I depended on them for basic things.

When I looked in the freezer, I found a pizza. I couldn't eat pizza for breakfast, so I saved it for after school.

⛧°。 ⋆༺🦇༻⋆。 °⛧
I headed to school like usual. Before the lesson began, Minho approached me once again in the hallway.

"Did you do my homework from yesterday?" he asked, cutting straight to the point.

I shook my head. "I couldn't. My hand got injured."

Minho's annoyance was palpable. "That's not my problem. Do it with your other hand then."

I sighed, "I can't write with my left hand."

He scowled, growing angrier. "Do I look like I care? I need that fucking homework today!"

"I really can't," I insisted.

After that he muttered, "You're useless." With that, Minho stormed away, leaving me alone.

⛧°。 ⋆༺🦇༻⋆。 °⛧
The first lesson of the day was history, and with my injured hand, I couldn't have done only Minho's, but also my homework even if I tried.

Most of my other teachers understood my situation, but unfortunately, my history teacher seemed to be an exception. As she went around to check everyone's homework, I braced myself for the confrontation.

"What about you?" she asked when she reached my desk. "Why didn't you do your homework?"

I showed her my hand, hoping for understanding, but she didn't seem convinced. "That's not an excuse. You could have asked one of your friends or classmates to help you write."

Friends? Do I look like I have any? And classmates? They would never help me.
Now try explaining that to her.

"You know what that means, Jungwon. One hour of detention after school."

"What? That's not fair!" I protested.

Her stern expression only intensified. "Two hours of detention."

I couldn't contain my frustration. "What the hell was I supposed to do?"

"Three hours," she replied coldly. "Stop arguing with me, or I'll make it four hours."

⛧°。 ⋆༺🦇༻⋆。 °⛧
Now I was stuck with three hours of detention. Unbelievable. By the time I got home, it would be dark already. I realized I hadn't eaten anything yet, and what about that pizza I was looking forward to after school? I was already getting hungry.

Detention meant three more hours at school, and with my injured hand, I couldn't even do the tasks assigned during that time. So, there I was, spending the entire three hours doing absolutely nothing.

An hour later, a wave of dizziness hit me. I grabbed something to drink, hoping it would help. I was hungry, but I couldn't eat anything. I couldn't focus on anything, and I felt completely drained.

After the seemingly endless detention, I made my way out. I had never felt worse. My head was spinning, and my vision blurred. The walk home in the dark and cold seemed endless. My pace slowed, and my legs threatened to give up. Each step became heavier, and I felt so weak.