#9 ᰔᩚ𝙁𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙚ᰔᩚ

Jungwon |

The past week, I had been learning more than ever. Every hour, every minute, every second, I was glued to my desk, pouring over textbooks and notes.

But, I felt overwhelmed. The pressure and the expectations of my parents; it was suffocating. Two panic attacks in less than a week were proof of how much I was struggling. I also slept less than I used to.

I found myself missing Jay. His presence brought a certain comfort. We had built a routine of going out together, and now, I longed for the understanding and encouragement he offered.

As the days passed, I wished I could talk to him about how I felt. I really missed those late-night conversations,

Finally, the day arrived. The day of the test. Anxiety knotted in my stomach as I faced the exam. The questions stared back at me, demanding answers I hoped I had prepared well enough.

After what felt like an eternity, I was finished. The weight that had been pressing on my shoulders for a week finally lifted.

In the evening, I walked towards the park.
Jay, already waiting for me, greeted me, his warm smile as reassuring as ever.

"I did it. The test is over," I said.

"I knew you could do it. I'm proud of you."

"You shouldn't be proud of me yet. The questions were really hard. What if I didn't do well?" I said, feeling unsure.

Jay gave me a big hug and said, "You worked so hard, Jungwon. Your grades don't define you. No matter what happens, I believe in you. I'm sure you did your best."

I sighed, resting my head on his shoulder.
"But what if my best isn't enough?"

Jay gently pulled away, looking into my eyes. "Your best is always enough. You put in the effort, and that's what matters. Grades don't determine your worth."

I appreciated his words, but doubt still lingered. "It's just... I'm scared of disappointing my parents. They expect so much, and I don't want to let them down."

Jay nodded, understanding. "I get it, but your happiness and well-being matter too. You're not just a student; you're a person with feelings. Don't forget that."

As we strolled through the park, I couldn't help but share more of my worries with Jay. His comforting presence made it easier to open up.

"I reqlly missed spending time with you. Studying has taken over everything, and it feels like I'm losing myself," I confessed.

"I just want to make everyone proud, you know? But it's hard."

"I know it's tough, but don't worry. Everything is going to be fine."

⛧°。 ⋆༺🦇༻⋆。 °⛧
Now, back at school, the moment to receive the test results arrived. I was as nervous as I've never been before, and my hands wouldn't stop shaking.

I kept telling myself that I couldn't mess up. When the teacher handed me my test, I hesitated, afraid to see my grade. But I needed to know.

I turned the paper around and saw a C+, and panic immediately set in. This grade wouldn't meet my parents' expectations. I felt on the verge of tears, imagining their disappointment and what they might do when they found out.

I started doubting myself. Was I really this bad? I had put in so much effort, learned more than ever, and yet it felt like it wasn't enough. Panic set in, and tears welled up my eyes.

Arriving home, I was met with my parents already waiting for me.

"Did you get your test back?"

I nodded hesitantly, my hands trembling as I took the test out of my backpack and handed it over to them.