Wei Ying's past

The air in the dimly lit room of the Wen Clan's secret hideaway was thick with tension. Wei Ying, his eyes blindfolded, lay still on a rough cot, his mind racing with thoughts of escape. He had managed to gather that he was in the Wen Clan's territory, surrounded by heightened security, but the reason for his kidnapping remained a mystery.

From his feigned unconscious state, Wei Ying strained to listen to the conversations around him. The voices of Wen Chao and a deeper, more authoritative one, presumably Wen Ruhan, filled the room.

Wen Chao's voice cut through the air, "He was eavesdropping, Father. He could have learned about the Yin Iron. I couldn't take the risk, so I brought him here."

A gruff voice responded, "Yin Iron is crucial to our plans. If he heard something, we need to find out how much he knows."

Wei Ying, keeping his breathing steady, listened intently. He could sense the weight of their discussion but couldn't grasp the specifics. The mention of Yin Iron intrigued him, but the intricacies eluded his understanding.

Wen Ruhan's voice boomed with authority, "Tell me everything you know, Wen Chao."

In a tone laced with arrogance, Wen Chao explained, "I with some disciples talking about it. we mentioned a plan to obtain the Yin Iron and use it to strengthen our cultivation. and we were searching it in the back mountain but he he was there too and he could expose this information to his allies, especially his beloved Lan Wangji."

Wen Ruhan's brow furrowed in contemplation. "Wei Ying... the youngest son of the Jiang family, correct?"

Wen Chao affirmed, "Yes, Father. Jiang Wanyin's younger brother."

Something clicked in Wen Ruhan's mind, and he approached the seemingly unconscious Wei Ying. As he scrutinized the young cultivator, his eyes widened in shock. He took a step back, his face etched with disbelief.

Wei Ying's heart pounded, uncertainty gnawing at him. What had Wen Ruhan discovered?

Wen Ruhan, his voice low and measured, addressed Wen Chao, "Take this young man away. I need to consider something."

Wen Chao smirked and approached Wei Ying, his fingers trailing over Wei Ying's face. Wei Ying, repulsed by the touch, struggled to maintain his pretense of unconsciousness. Wen Chao, seemingly pleased with himself, left the room.

As the door closed, Wen Ruhan was left alone with his thoughts. He muttered to himself, "Wei Ying, the youngest son of Jiang. This changes everything."

In a secluded corner of the room, Wei Ying, still blindfolded, tried to piece together the puzzle. The mention of Yin Iron and its connection to the Wen Clan's cultivation plans intrigued him. But what had caught Wen Ruhan's attention? Why had he reacted with such shock?

The blindfold prevented Wei Ying from seeing, but his mind raced with possibilities. Could it be something about to the Jiang family's secrets?

Meanwhile, Wen Ruhan paced the room, contemplating the implications of Wei Ying's presence. The revelation seemed to have stirred memories long buried. Wei Ying, despite his outward appearance of unconsciousness, sensed the tension in the air.

After a prolonged silence, Wen Ruhan finally spoke, "Wen Chao, leave us. I need to speak with this young man alone."

Wen Chao, obedient to his father's command, left the room, closing the door behind him. Wei Ying, still feigning unconsciousness, strained to hear every word.

Wen Ruhan approached Wei Ying, his gaze intense as if searching for answers in the young man's face. Wei Ying kept his breathing steady, the blindfold hiding the uncertainty in his eyes.