Trying Hard to come closer

The soft glow of lanterns illuminated the elegant halls of the Cloud Recesses, where a wedding celebration was in full swing

The soft glow of lanterns illuminated the elegant halls of the Cloud Recesses, where a wedding celebration was in full swing. The air was filled with laughter, music, and the scent of blooming flowers. Among the guests, Wen Qingh stood dressed in the finest robes, her heart a swirl of emotions.

As the night progressed, the festivities culminated in the union of Wen Qingh and Lan Wangji. The ceremonial rituals had been conducted with grace, and now the newlyweds sat side by side at the main table, an exquisite display of unity and tradition.

However, as the feast continued and the music played on, Wen Qingh felt a growing sense of unease. Beside her, Lan Wangji was composed, his gaze distant as he participated in polite conversation. She tried to engage him, to make herself a part of his world, but it was as if an invisible barrier separated them.

"Uncle Lan Qiren," Wen Qingh said, using the pretext of addressing Lan Wangji's uncle. "The peonies in the garden are particularly beautiful this time of year, don't you think?"

Lan Qiren nodded, offering a polite response. Wen Qingh's heart sank. She had hoped to capture Lan Wangji's attention, but it seemed she was merely a peripheral figure in his world.

The feast progressed, and Wen Qingh watched as Lan Wangji engaged in conversations with various guests. She observed the grace with which he interacted, the way his eyes would light up when discussing cultivation techniques or matters of honor. His dedication to his clan and his principles was evident in every word he spoke.

As the night wore on, Wen Qingh couldn't shake the feeling of being an outsider. She had anticipated challenges, given their differing backgrounds, but the chasm that seemed to separate her from her new husband was disheartening. She excused herself from the table, finding solace in the moonlit courtyard.

In the tranquil garden, Wen Qingh gazed up at the stars, her thoughts a whirlwind of emotions. She had hoped that their marriage would provide an opportunity for them to bridge the gap between their worlds, but it appeared that Lan Wangji's heart was elsewhere.

After sometimes Wen Qingh found herself wandering through the pathways of the famed Jingshi, the residence of Lan Wangji.

Unaware of her surroundings, lost in thought, Wen Qingh had taken a wrong turn and ended up standing before the doors of Lan Wangji's room. She hesitated, her hand hovering near the door as a mixture of curiosity and trepidation gripped her.

Just as she was about to withdraw, the door swung open, revealing Lan Wangji himself, his gaze cool and composed. Startled, Wen Qingh stepped back, her heart racing.

"Clan leader, I apologize," she stammered, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "I did not mean to intrude."

Lan Wangji's expression remained impassive, but his eyes bore a hint of surprise before returning to their usual calm. "It is all right," he said, his tone even. "But this is my private space."

Wen Qingh nodded, her fingers twisting nervously. "Of course, I understand. I'll leave immediately."

Before she could turn away, however, Lan Wangji's voice halted her. "Wen Qingh."

She looked up at him, uncertainty in her eyes.

"This marriage," he began, his words measured and direct, "is a political arrangement. There are expectations, but there is no room for personal attachment."

Wen Qingh's heart sank, her gaze falling to the ground. "I understand," she replied, her voice barely above a whisper.

"I do not wish to give false hopes," he continued. "It is important that we both approach this union with clarity."

Wen Qingh nodded; her throat tight with emotions she struggled to contain. "I appreciate your honesty, Clan leader."

He nodded in return, his expression unwavering. 

"Goodnight," she said softly, turning to leave. But no one replied.

As she walked away from the Jingshi, a mixture of disappointment and resignation weighed heavily on Wen Qingh's heart. The reality of the situation had been laid bare before her. The hope she had harbored, that perhaps their shared circumstances might lead to something more, had been extinguished by Lan Wangji's words.

In the stillness of the night, as the moon continued its gentle ascent, Wen Qingh found herself grappling with the realization that their marriage was a delicate balance of duty and distance. The path ahead would be challenging, but she was determined to navigate it with grace, even if it meant suppressing the yearning that had taken root within her.

Days passed Wen Qingh tried so hard to get closer to Lan Wangji but Wangji didn't notice her he was always busy with the clan duties and doing his work very honestly. 

Lan Xichen also started helping Wangji and they always spend time with each other, but Xichen never involved himself with Lan Qiren, Wangji always wanted to search about the Yunmeng boy, but he never gets any chance.