The Marriage

Since childhood, Wen Qingh has admired Lan Wangji from afar. She was captivated by his dedication, strength, and kindness, traits that resonated deeply with her. Despite their different backgrounds, she saw a genuine and honorable person in Lan Wangji. Over the years, these feelings developed into a quiet and profound love, even though she understood that their paths might never intersect due to the differences in their social standings.

Meanwhile, Lan Wangji had always been aware of Wen Qingh's presence, acknowledging her skills and dedication to her clan. However, due to his responsibilities and the expectations placed upon him, he had not considered the possibility of a romantic connection with her.

The turning point in their relationship comes when Lan Qiren, Lan Wangji's stern and tradition-bound uncle, perceives the potential benefits of a union between the Lan and Wen clans. He views it as a way to mend relations and strengthen both clans' positions. Recognizing that this marriage would be a sacrifice for Lan Wangji, who still holds a special place in his heart for another, Lan Qiren pressures his nephew to accept the proposal.

Lan Wangji's pov:

I was just my clan duties and then a disciple came and said that uncle was waiting for me in his room, i nodded and just finshed all the work and went straight to uncle's room

"Good afternoon uncle, did anything happen?" i greeted and asked him.

"Hmmm Wangji i have something to tell you"His face was serious.

"Yes uncle tell me" i just replied with same seriousness.

"Wangji you have to marry wen Qingh the eldest daughter of wen clan" he said but didnt look at me

Though i was shocked and confused coz i was never in the mood of marring anyone. and suddenly he was asking me for marring wen clan daughter, i heard about her skills in medical field but i never met her in personal, and i don't want any kind of this things and not now actually i just wanted to focus on my clan and i was only worried for my brother he was still in seclusion i wanted to know how my parents died so suddenly, i wanted to know who that person was two years ago in yunmeng when i was doing night hunting and he was enjoying with his friends he was a free soul by looking and from that his smiling his bunny teeth and that small mole under his lips just fixed in my heart, every night i saw him in my dream and i think that's the only reason i always refused for marring anyone.......

"But uncle you know i have many things to do and you know about brother's condition, and he elder to me so how can i marry anyone before him, i'm just fulfilling his duty after his seclusion end he will again become the sect leader so how can i marry before him" i just gave the same excuse i was giving everytime whenever he started talking about my marriege

"I know wangji but its almost 2 years and Xichen is stll in seclusion and other clan's leader are pressuring me to marry there daughter and for the sec of your clan's prosperity you have to marry one of their daughter and i choose Wen sect's wen Qingh for you because she is very skillful and can become the very good Lan furhen" he was very serious this time

" please give me sometimes to think about it" i said and was about to left the room but he stopped me

"you have only two days to think about it wangji, i have to send a letter of confirmation of marriage to the wen sect leader Wen Ruohan as soon as possible" he said and i left the room withought saying any word