Prologue

Hey guys! This is my first time to write something different and I'm trying the teen fiction for a change... Hope you'll like it! This is dedicated to my sissies  matina_loves_bigbang & salvatore26  who inspired me to do push this working idea through.. And this goes out to my new sister from Wattpad, Ate ElydiaReyes who urged me to post this story again.... COMMENT and VOTE!!! PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!

**************************

"Jackie....Jackie...You gotta get up! Ninang Angie is on the line. She says its urgent!"

These were the words that made my eyes open. I rolled to my side to ignore my older brother. I knew he was holding the phone but I didn't want to wake up. Getting the other pillow, I placed it over my head to cover my face. It's too early for me to get up and he seems to forget that it's the first day of summer!

"I'm calling Mom!" I heard my brother's footsteps move out of my room calling Mom to his rescue of waking me up then I heard him saying, "Ninang, she hasn't changed a bit. Ang hirap pa ring gisingin." There was a hint of irritation in my brother's voice but I don't care. I deserve this. Fixing my relationship with sleeping is long overdue since I didn't get much during the finals week. I felt myself slowly drifting back to dreamland when I heard my Mom's voice.

"Jaqueline Althea Borromeo get up! It's rude to make your godmother wait for you on the phone."

I opened my eyes and immediately threw my pillow to the empty side of my bed. I still had this messy hair but knowing that it was just there to see it, she wouldn't mind it. My eyes gave her the message that I didn't like this one but she just smiled at me. Her bright blue eyes gave a mischievous glint and her smile twitched into a smile that I read danger in them.

I shook my head and extended my hand to receive the phone and my other hand rubbed my eyes to wake it up. Mom,on the other hand had this amused look on my face as she slightly dipped on my bed to hand the phone over to me and give me a kiss on my temple.

"Morning princess," she whispered.

"Morning Mom." I answered with a kiss to her cheek. With that she turned to close the door of my room to leave me to talk with my godmother who was in Canada. I sighed and placed the phone against my ear.

"Good evening Ninang Angie! To what do I owe this unexpected call of yours?" Her giggles were clearly her answers. I think she found my answer quite entertaining. Well, who wouldn't be entertained with a grouchy girl woken up at 4 in the freaking morning just to answer a phone call from the other side of the world?

"Good morning, Hija. I just called to ask you a favor."

"Ano po yan, Ninang? Meron na naman po bang nag-order ng painting ko? Sa pagkaka-alam ko, naubos na lahat nang painting ko nung last exhibit ko."

"It's not about your painitngs, Hija. It's something else. Something that would really make you enjoy your summer."

This was different. She would just usually call me if I had extra paintings to sell. I was a freelance painter and at the age of sixteen I had my first exhibit which was followed by other shows that were successful. My Ninang Angie was one of my mentors in painting. She was a painter herself but decided to just teach children at her summer school every year. Her calling me to tell me that I had another way of enjoying my summer this year was totally out of this world.

"I don't understand Ninang."

"Actually, yung kinakapatid mong si Andrew may kaibigang gustong pumunta dyan sa Cebu. Since busy siya ngayon, hindi siya makakapunta para i-guide yung friend niya."

"So, you want me to find a tour guide for him? There are loads of them on the-"

"No Hija. I want you to be his personal tour guide."

What?!!! Me? Jaqueline Althea Borromeo? The most passive girl on the planet is asked by my godmother at four in the freaking morning to be a tour guide to a total stranger? This isn't really going well for me! I want to grab my pillow and go back to sleep. Is she really calling me for the right reason? I wish she could have just called me to do another painting and not this tour guide thingy. I wasn't really that sociable and she knows that and that's the reason why I go to my room and ignore the world outside just to spend time with my paint, easel and brushes!

I groaned against the phone and my godmother on the other hand just chose to irritate me more by laughing her heart out. I don't understand why she had to choose me for this. There were loads of other girls who were willing to do this job for her.

"Oh come on, Jackie...It's not going to be that bad. I mean I'm sure, you can entertain this guest just like every other tourist guide."

"If that's the case, why didn't you just get a professional one? Ninang! I'm an anti-social person that already meets the borderline of being technically mute whenever I'm around other people!"

"What? I doubt that's going to be the case. He's a nice sweet boy...or man for that matter and I'm sure he's not going to give a hard time."

The only thing that I could do now was to pinch the bridge of my nose between my fingers and heaved a frustrated and annoyed sigh on the receiver. Thoughts were running in my head. For years now, I think my Mom and my godmother have been trying to plan ways on how I can go out and see the world with other people especially men. At the age of seventeen, I've sworn off having boyfriends since I broke up with my ex.

Yes, the ex from hell was the sure ticket for me to give up on the idea of going out with men. I wasn't a bit interested in dating in the last couple of years since I broke up with him. He ruined me for other men emotionally. He said things that I never thought a sane guy would tell me. Heaven forbid him of finding another heart to break.

Another yes, this is another plan by my Mom and my godmother. They want to see me dating again. Why were they in a hurry for me to be in a relationship. I'm just nineteen and the last thing that I need was a guy who would totally disrupt my plans of becoming successful in life.

"Ninang! I beg of you. Go find another tour guide. I can't do that!"

"I can't and by the way, your Mom's already said yes to it. You can't back out now!" she replied! I knew that Mom was behind this!

"Fine!"

"So you're agreeing to this honey? OMG! I can't wait to tell him. He'll be thrilled to know that he's got the best tourist guide ever!" she squealed and told me to give the phone to my Mom.

Walking sleepily towards the living room where Mom was, I gave her the phone and retreated back to my room. I didn't even care about asking for details just so she can keep quiet and I can go back to sleep. Thinking that this was all a bad dream was a good thing for me. Maybe when I wake up later, all of this nonsense would be gone.

I greeted my bed with a loud thud as I decided to just throw myself on it and closed my eyes again. Drifting off to sleep was much better than just to stay awake and think about what was going to happen about the whole tour guide thingy. God! I hope that all of this would just vanish when I get up.