𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗘

We were on a boat, the sun slowly starting to set behind us. The sunset was beautiful and Bill pulled out the Polaroid and took a photo of it.

"Look at how beautiful!!" He exclaimed, showing me the picture.
-"Wow, it's gorgeous. You should be a photographer." I smiled and he returned it.

We watched the waves in the water as long as the fishes. The sun reflected onto the water, making it sparkle.

After a quiet minute, Bill began to speak.

"Y/n?" He started off.
-"Yes? What's up?" I say, turning to look at him.

"Uhm, I've had a great time with you these past years. You make me feel amazing." He said.
-"Awh, I love spending time with you too, and I'm glad I make you feel amazing." I smiled softly and he looked down at his fingers, fiddling with them.

"I would love to create more memories with you but..you're just too perfect. You're beautiful and have so many friends but me on the other hand..I'm lonely." He explained and I tilted my head in confusion.
-"Where are you getting at?" I asked.

"Look, Y/n. I love you but this isn't gonna work out..but I brought you here so you could at least have somewhere beautiful to rest..hopefully." He shrugged.
-"Uhm, what does that mean exactly?"

"I can't stand seeing you with anyone else and by me doing this, you won't be able to."
-"Okay, I still don't understand.." I force a smile.

"I know..not yet. But do you know how deep it is here?" He asked.
-"No?.."
-"It's really deep. If you fall without a life jacket, you won't be able to survive. Unless you know how to swim which would be a bummer and a fail." He sighed.
-"Bill?.."
-"I love you, Y/n. Never forget that." He said before pushing me off the boat.

I tried reaching for his hand but slipped and I began to sink into the water. I tried to scream but the water just went into my mouth. I tried swimming to the top but the water was too deep and I was already too far down.
I couldn't breath and it was getting darker and darker. Eventually, it went all dark and I was dead..all because of Bill..my best friend..at least I thought he was.

I gasped loudly, my eyes opening and I was on my bed. I was breathing heavily, gripping onto the bed sheets and Bill woke up, looking at me.

"Y/n, are you okay?" He asked, sitting up and holding my hand tightly. I had tears streaming down my cheeks which made him look at me in concern.
-"Y/n, answer me..What happened?" He asked, helping me sit up and put a hand onto my back.

I couldn't speak. I sobbed quietly and wrapped my arms around his neck, holding him tightly. It was 3:33 in the morning. Bill wrapped his arms around me, holding me in his arms as he ran one hand on my hair.

"What happened?." He asked, his voice soft.
-"I had a nightmare.." I responded, my breathing slowing down.
-"oh, I'm sorry, n/n..It's okay, I promise..You can explain to me tomorrow morning if that's okay with you." He said, kissing my head and I knew he would never do what he did in my dream. He's too sweet for that.

I didn't wanna leave his arms and he didn't mind. He held me all night as we slept. He rubbed circles onto my back, soothing me back to sleep. Ever since that day, I've never had a nightmare since and I'm not looking forward to having one..at least not about Bill.