XC - Warm Lights

"Mon Amour."

***

Stohess Headquarters assigned dorms felt rich. Too rich.

As I stepped in, I looked up looking at a strange blue glowing rock that hung from the ceiling, giving off a strong light. I tilt my head at it, recognising it as a piece of the crystal that formed the chapel's underground cavern. I observed it, a small smile gracing my face as I bent down a little to place my bag down on the floor beside the door before moving further into the room and getting a closer look at it.

Suddenly the richness of the room didn't seem to have the same purity the crystal did, and I made note of how quickly people had worked when it came to gathering the rock. It was rather bright, illuminating the room much more effectively than a standard torch would, and I wondered how one would cover it when trying to go to sleep. That's when I gazed around the room, finding a thick black cloth on the desk at the foot of one of the vacant beds.

I hummed a little in question, looking back up at the light and finding that around the upside down bowl that was around it and finding that there were a few hooks around the edge of it. Maybe I grab the cloth and pierce the hooks through the fabric, it'll provide enough cover for it to be dark enough so I could try and sleep properly. A work in progress, perhaps?

I shrug subtly to myself, turning back to my bag, grabbing it and dumping it on one of the two beds in the room, set on finding the dress I had packed for my date with Levi and then leaving for the showers.

Date.

Something as simple as a date shouldn't be enough to make me this giddy, right? Was it the idea of a first date, or was it the man I was going with? Either way, I was nervous but excited to see what tonight would provide us with. Sina wasn't on my good side, but maybe there were night markets or something that we could browse as we headed to and from where we planned to eat, giving me a chance to find something for his birthday. Where we planned to eat, that's an amazing question, but to me it's the company that matters.

I make haste in changing my attire, a basic emerald green dress that hung to just below my knees paired with black heels. The dress only further brightened the green of the bracelet that graced my wrist, a piece of jewellery I had found to be absolute favourite amongst all others. I brought my other hand up to my wrist, twisting the emerald encrusted crest between my fingers aimlessly. I smile at myself, brushing my hair and leaving the room, heading in the direction of where I had last seen Levi.

I kept my gaze down, everything feeling far too expensive for me to even set eyes on, eventually bumping into someone as I rounded a corner.

"Oops, that was my bad." A voice slurred, the smell of alcohol lingering heavily in the air. I look up with wide eyes and parted lips, taken aback by the Garrison Commander's presence suddenly joining my own. "Oh? A beautiful woman finally coming to seduce me?" He gave a crooked smirk. I eyed him weirdly before he laughed, and I blew out a breath I hadn't realised I was holding.

"Don't joke like that, sir. I was getting ready to throw you out the window." I breathe and he only tipped his head back and laughed, the force of his head dropping backwards making him stumble a little.

"You do look stunning though, L/N. Who are you going to meet with, hmm?" His words were dragged out and jumbled, but deciphering what he wanted to say was rather simple.

"Just... a special someone." I say quietly, averting my gaze and proceeding down the hallway.

"Have fun!" Pyxis bids farewell and his laugh is heard even after he turned the corner. Eventually the Captain's Quarters hallway came into view. Dark red carpets, white walls, green curtains framing large windows that overlooked some of Stohess. Rich mahogany doors lined the wall opposite the windowed wall, silver plaques centred on the dark wood, each plaque etched with different names. I walked along the hall, looking over the plaques, few names I recognised and others I didn't.