LXXXV - In The Raven's Mind

a/n: spoiling you guys real good td 😚

But suddenly, my chest started burning.

***

It was as though time slowed down.

Hange stared at me wide eyed, my own eyes trailing down to the anchor that had pierced straight through the flesh just below my left collarbone. I had managed to get to Hange in time, taking the blow for her. It only took a second for for my shirt to turn to a shade of crimson. My back soon felt the exact same as my chest, a searing pain shooting straight through my body.

Blood built up in my throat, the pressure of it against the walls of my neck only forcing it up and out of my mouth. The anchor had managed to ease it's way straight through my body and settled just in Hange's own shoulder. With a scream, the blonde woman who had struck us both yanked her gun in a direction I couldn't decipher. She retracted the anchor, the hot pain of the hook ripping it's way back out of my chest only worsening the pain I was already in.

Hange and I both went flying into a pillar, only giving me time to flip both of us around so I was the one to take the worst of the fall. My arms tightened around the brunette, my back soon meeting the crystal pillar with a sharp sound that echoed throughout the cavern. A grunt left my throat, the both of us falling to the ground and leaving a long trail of blood from halfway up the pillar all the way down to where we laid.

Hange laid beside me knocked out, perhaps her she hit her head during the fall. My vision was blurry as I laid on the cavern floor, staring at the ceiling with my teeth grit and thoughts running rampant.

I heard mine and Hange's names being called, the echo traveling to the edge of the cave and then bouncing back. We couldn't stay here, but my body was in excruciating pain. My jaw further clenched as I went to sit up, the zipping of gear sounding from nearby, my right arm flew to my hilt, drawing a blade as I search for who had just landed nearby.

"Y/N!" Armin's voice rung through my mind, his hands finding my right shoulder and my left upper arm in order to not disturb the wound that excreted excessive amount of blood.

"I need, to kill, that bitch." I say with breaths between every two words, bringing my arm up and wiping my mouth free of the blood that had left it.

"Armin!" Levi's voice yelled, and then my hearing expanded to everything and everyone. I dropped my sword, hand flying up to my wound which was hot with blood and searing with a white hot burn. "You take care of Y/N and Hange! Everyone else, we're going after them!" Then he and the squad all disappeared somewhere deeper in the cave. I stood up slowly, Armin's eyes looking at me, horrified.

"Y/N, Captain's orders!" He exclaimed as he grabbed my sleeve. I ripped it out of his grip, bringing my hand away from shoulder and gazing down at it.

"Tend to Hange, I'm going to help them." I say quietly, beginning to take slow steps away from him.

"Y/N-" He began before I pulled a trigger and followed after the others. The pressure of my harness against the wound hurt, but it was pressure nonetheless. The pressure helps, right? So my stubborn ass will make sure that pressure stays by helping out the squad. Luckily, I wasn't too dazed, a little lightheaded but nothing to keep me from fighting.

Suddenly, a blinding light flashed from the furthest point of the cave, and the silhouettes of multiple figures became more evident as I got closer to the flash. I manage to make out Levi's figure amongst the light, he and the others hooking to pillars as they watch it grow brighter. I shoot an anchor to the patch of bare crystal just below him. planting my feet on the pillar and look across the cave.