XIV - Failed Persuasions

"Show me what you've got."

***

Dodge.

I steady my breathing as I dodge Levi's quick and consistent attacks.

Dodge.

I read his movements hastily all while trying to find an opening to attack. He's well guarded and is using my teachings to his advantage. But as he kicks, there's a small spot in his torso that's unguarded.

Dodge, then take your shot.

I duck under his leg and swing my own around, hitting dead on my intended target. He grunts in response his jaw tensing as he sucked in a breath of pain. He fell back, clutching where I had previously hit him and panting heavily.

"You've improved." I compliment. He gazed up at me from beneath his eyelashes. "But you can improve more." I reach out a hand and look down at him. He gazed at my hand, then back up at me.

If he has any trust in me, he'd simply take my hand.

And he did.

His hand grips mine firmly as he pulls himself up with the help of my pulling him up. His hands were surprisingly soft, his palms just barely creating the build up of calluses. He retrieves his hand and I begin to dust off my pants that had specks of dust on them.

"Again." Tera said. I turn to look at her.

"Why? I've fought the three of them. I won." I say. I had fought Farlan and Isabel and I can say they've definitely made improvements. But they had their flaws. And unsurprisingly, Levi is one of few people who is getting to the point where he can keep up with me.

"Levi has potential. Again." She deadpans.

"I feel like I should be offended." Isabel says quietly. I roll my eyes with a grin on my face.

"Fine." I reply getting back into stance.

"Tch." Levi let out as he turned to me once more. Getting into position once more, all I could see on his face were his eyes. His face was well guarded by his fists, his elbows low as he used them to guard his torso. I lower myself a little more, the light whistle of the wind being the only sound that surrounded us.

The Tera squad watched us intensely, observing our every breath, our every blink. My legs twitched as I went to launch myself forward until Erwin's voice stopped me mid step. I stumbled slightly and turned my gaze towards him.

"Tera, I need to borrow Y/N from you." He gave a smile before turning his gaze to Levi who held a deadly glare for him. Honestly, I wonder why Levi hates Erwin so much. I am just as much responsible for their capture as Erwin is, yet Levi has not quite forgiven me for that, but he's less cold than he was.

"Sure thing. You're dismissed." Tera said to the whole squad. "Go get some dinner." They all scattered and I walk towards Erwin slowly, noticing the trio waiting for me.

"Go ahead to the hall. I'll be in once we're done." I urge. Isabel and Farlan nodded and set off towards the hall. Levi left but not without sending Erwin yet another glare.

"Why does he not like you much, Commander?" I ask when I think Levi is out of hearing range. Little did I know, he could still listen in on the conversation.

"I'm not too sure. He'll get over it." Erwin shrugs. I furrow my eyebrows slightly.

"What did you need me for?" I say watching the trio open the hall door and disappear into the building.