73- Uncontrollable Burning Desire ;)

C H A P T E R     S E V E N T Y - T H R E E

a/n this chapter is deliberately kinda short to represent his state of mind <3

S h a n e ༶ 。◕

I couldn’t remember where, why or how the night started. But all I remembered was seeing Astra walk in looking absolutely stunning. Her hair, makeup, clothes… goddamn. That girl was making me lose my mind, and not in the good way. She never should have come. She wasn't supposed to like parties, this was supposed to be an escape away from her.

Which was why I decided to drink as much as I could and somehow I ended up on the couch with a random girl. The drink played its effects well; it rid me of my thoughts and rendered me numb to any strong feelings. I just downed one after the other, over and over until there was a thick fuzzy haze in my mind.

She laughed loudly, running her small hands through my hair. I couldn't recall her name – Allison? Brittany? She ran her soft fingers along my lips and leaned in close. Her breath was a whisper on my face.

"You haven't kissed anyone yet, right?" She slurred.

I have, and she's the only one I ever would. Even if we’re in an argument or if we weren't talking to each other. But the cloud in my mind was too big for me to figure out which word to use. Maybe I drank a little too much.

"Kiss me," she mumbled, grabbing my face as she bought her lips closer to mine.

I shut my eyes, leaning in. But then I stopped and quickly pulled away. I shook my head.

"No… sorry… I don't…"

I stood up and stumbled, grabbing a wall to steady myself as the world tilted on its axis and walked, not knowing where to. I blinked heavily, forcing my mind to be more clear.

"Doughtry?"

I turned around, furrowing my eyebrows together to see who'd called my name but instead my eyes settled on her, holding a cup in her hand and standing alone.

I pushed through everyone, meekly apologising the best I could. Drunk Shane was not it.

"Astra," I said, coming to a stop in front of her.

She looked up, confused. "Shane?"

And before I even knew what I was doing, I leaned forward and kissed her.

At least, I thought I did.

She swerved her head and grabbed my arms just in time before I fell.