58 - Her Nipples ;)

C H A P T E R    F I F T Y - E I G H T

A s t r a *.✧

When I thought of a holiday, I thought of a nice relaxing lie in and hot long days. A chance to get away and have a moment of serenity amongst all the chaos. Something nice, peaceful, and quiet. A place with no responsibilities.

Which is why I did not expect the loudest song ever and someone poorly playing a trumpet at six in the morning.

I turned over, clamping a pillow over my head in an attempt to block out the noise. It did not work.

So instead, I screeched in frustration at the top of my lungs and angrily stormed my way to the source of the noise. I was met with Finley and Natalia blasting a song out of the television, and Shane with his Mexican gear, poorly blasting out notes from a trumpet. His face was bright red.

I grabbed a pillow off the couch and threw it at his head with as much force as I could. The trumpet was knocked out of his grasp and clattered away somewhere. I was seething in anger, my jaw so clenched it was about to break free of its hinges.

Shane held his hands up, a bored expression on his face. "Babes, you're acting like a party pooper-"

"I'm not your babes," I hissed, throwing another pillow at him. He ducked and narrowly avoided it. "And what type of sane person blasts a trumpet AT SIX IN THE FUCKING MORNING?" I screamed, throwing another pillow at him.

I am a girl who gets cranky if she is woken up too early. That is the way my body is built and I am not ashamed to put it out there.

Natalia pointed at me, jaw dropped open. "Ohhhhh!" Finley and Natalia said simultaneously. "You just said a very bad word."

"Turn the TV off!" I yanked the remote off the couch and turned it all the way down. They were blasting out Unholy but Natalia just seemed to have a track record with inappropriate songs which was why I wasn't as surprised as anyone else would have been.

I plopped onto the couch after a long moment and sighed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and brushing my hair away from my face. Maybe I overreacted, but you couldn't blame me.

After a few moments, Natalia spoke. "Can you make us breakfast? Shaney-poop doesn't know how to cook." She pouted and looked up at me, eyes filling with tears as she hugged my legs.

It was hard to say no.

"Of course," I smiled. "Sorry about before. What do you want?"

"French toast!" Natalia and Finley both jumped up and down at the same time.

I moved over to the kitchen and began cooking. Finny and Natty both swung their legs as they sat on the table and talked. Shane came up next to me, looking apologetic.