52 - this chapter gave me such a writer's block

C H A P T E R F I F T Y - T W O

tw | this chapter is kinda unedited so if u spot any grammar mistakes or anything that doesn't make sense lmk! and I'm SO sorry, this chapter is super long (abt 8K words) which is an apology for leaving everyone hanging for half a year.

It's about three chapters combined. There'll be chapter breaks and scrolling breaks in between <3

S h a n e ༶ 。◕

"Shaney-poop, hurry up! We are going to be late and nobody cares what you look like!" Natalia screamed, jumping up and down on my bed like it was a trampoline. "Imagine caring about what you look like."

"Imagine stuffing ketchup up your nose!"

She gasped. "Imagine being called a lame name like Shane."

"Imagine playing with Barbies."

"Imagine liking maths."

"Imagine liking Mr. Beast and Dhar Mann."

"Imagine saying imagine."

I ignored her, combing my hair through once more and moisturising my face. She continued her tantrum and I shot a glare at her, heading out of my bedroom door.

"Why are you never happy?!" I pushed open the door. She was still jumping on my bed like a little monkey. "Do you wanna see Finley or not?"

She looked up like she just remembered where we were going and jumped off the bed, leaping. Natalia landed in a roll, tumbling forward and jumping up on her two feet, flexing her hands the way gymnasts do at the end of a performance.

I sighed and decided not to comment, grabbing the gift bags on my way out of the house. Mother was already in her car, waiting for us for the past half an hour or so. She beeped her horn at the sight of Natalia and I, raising her hands.

"Take a little longer, why don't you?" She laughed as she rolled down the window and yelled at us.

I opened the car door and got in, Natalia did the same and strapped herself into her back seat. My mother paused for a few moments, fixing the mirror and reapplying her lipstick. It was bold; the type I'd never expected to see my mother in.

"Yeah mom, because you're the one going to the party," I deadpanned sarcastically. "Seriously?"

She shrugged, capping it and shoving it into her car storage. "I'm making a stop after I drop off you guys."

I raised an eyebrow. "Where?"

"None of your business. And you'll call when you need me, right?"

I nodded. I glanced at the green numbers blinking on the dashboard, noticing how it was already late at night. I guess I could give my mother a bit of time to do whatever she needed to do. She deserved to be out of the house, away from father. I don't know why she still chose to stay with him after everything he'd done to her.