𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

Mia's POV

    I woke up, not even sure when I had dozed off. The sleep I had was the best I had experienced in years. Ashtray was still sound asleep, so I quietly got up and left their apartment, making sure to close the door behind me. I walked down the hallway, my apartment was just a few steps away from Ashtray's. Reaching into my pocket, I pulled out my key card opened the door to my apartment. As I pushed open the door, I was greeted by the sight of Tess, Yanelie, and Yas, all standing there with their arms crossed. As if they were waiting on me.

"Where the hell were you?" Yanelie questioned. "It's 2 pm."

"2pm?" I repeated, damn I overslept.

"Where were you?" Tess asked again.

"I'm a grown woman, I don't gotta tell you where I was at." I said mugging them.

"You don't live alone anymore. We were worried, I woke up this morning and you weren't there but your car keys and phone was." Tess explained.

"We were gonna call the cops." Yas added, mean mugging me.

"I was next door, I over slept and I left my phone." I briefly explained. "My bad, next time I'll let y'all know when I leave, Ight?"

"Good." Tess nodded.

"Doesn't Ashtray live next door?" Yanelie questioned grinning.

"Oh so you was at Ashtray's" Tess said as a smirk formed on her face.

"Like I said, I'm a grown woman. I don't gotta tell you nothing." With that, I walked past them, heading towards my room. However, they followed me down the hallway.

"Y'all back on speaking terms?" I heard Tess question from behind me, but I ignored them, walking into the closet to grab a black tee and some shorts.

"Come on, tell us the deets," Yanelie chimed in.

"There's nothing to tell, now leave me alone," I replied, going to my drawers to grab some briefs.

"Fine, don't tell us. I'm finna ask Ashtray then," Yanelie threatened.

"No, leave 'em alone. They don't feel good," I stated firmly, searching for my most comfortable pair of boxers.

"What's wrong with Ash?" Tess inquired.

"Just a cold," I lied. "They'll be alright, just don't bother them." I walked past them, making my way to the bathroom.

"Ight." Tess said before leaving, but Yanelie stayed at the door of the bathroom.

"Get out." I demanded.

"I wanna see." She smiled widely.

"I'm not repeating myself."

"Urghh I need new friends, y'all lame as fuck." She groaned walking away. I closed the door behind her, making sure it was locked.

After that, I took a shower and got dressed. Grabbing my phone, keys, and MacBook, I made my way out, before to letting them know that I was leaving.

When I arrived at Ashtray's apartment, I found them still asleep. I quietly settled on the sofa, opening up my MacBook to catch up on some work.

Hours passed, and Ashtray was still fast asleep. Concern started to creep in. Should I wake them up or let them sleep? It was almost 6 pm, and they couldn't possibly be sleeping for that long.

Just as I was contemplating my next move, I heard Ashtray's voice call out my name. I looked up and saw them sitting upright on the bed, their eyes still heavy with sleep.