𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Mia's POV

I groggily woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm blaring, signaling that it was already six forty-five in the morning. Exhaustion weighed heavily on me, as I sat upright. I haven't slept till like three am going to four.

Why? I wish I knew.

I'm insomniac, I suppose, I haven't had a good night sleep in years. The last time I remember sleeping peacefully was when I was eight, before everything went down hill. I dragged myself out of bed and shuffled towards the bathroom. Stepping into the shower, the warm water cascaded over me, temporarily washing away the fatigue clinging to my body.

Once I was done, did my hair well more like I just fixed the fro and moisturized the curls. I then fixed my eyebrows with eyebrow gel, with precise strokes, I shaped and defined the arches, they thick as hell gotta manage them somehow. Using a tiny brush, I applied Jamaican black castor oil on my eyelashes, to naturally strengthen them so they stay long and healthy, before applying lip balm on my lips. Stud or not, I'm still just a girl.

I slipped into my signature attire - a sleek, all-black tuxedo, paired with a crisp button-up shirt. Slipping on my polished dress shoes on, before heading back to the bathroom. Staring at my reflection as I fix my collar and adjusted my gold nameplate necklace with my government name on it that's always around my neck since the age of three, changed my earrings.

Before stepping out of the bathroom, I made sure to clean my ears and ensure my nails were perfectly groomed. I dabbed some Yara oil roll-on perfume on my pulse points, then spritz of my favorite fragrance. All this after I lotion my body, key to smelling good for a longer period of time.

After I finished getting ready, I walked out of my room, made my way into the kitchen, a wave of thirst washed over me, prompting me to reach for a refreshing cup of water before heading out. But just as I was about to reach the fridge, the doorbell pierced through the silence, its chime echoing through the apartment. Startled, I paused for a moment, confusion clouding my thoughts.

Why would someone be at the door at this hour? It's not even eight am yet.

I made my way towards the front door, my footsteps echoing softly against the floor. As I reached for the doorknob, I leaned in closer to the peephole, to catch a glimpse of who was on the other side for only my eyes to be met by Haylee's familiar face.

What is she doing here?

"What do you want?" I questioned loud enough so she could hear me through the door.

"Can you let me in?" Haylee asked.

"No, why?" I asked.

"Mia please." She pleaded, I sighed before I opened the door and stepped to the side, allowing her entry. Once she crossed the threshold, I closed the door behind he.

As Haylee glanced around, her eyes taking in the familiar surroundings, she remarked, "Nothing has changed." I kinda sorta might have never actually moved out from the apartment I grew up in and I kinda sorta might have bought the entire building three years ago. Attachment issues I guess...it's a long story if the author delves into it, it's going to be a long chapter.

"Are you going to tell me why you're here?" I asked as I slipped my hands into my pockets.

"I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said," Haylee responded, her words carrying a hint of remorse, just a hint. "The feelings I have for you never changed, Mia—"