𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Ashtray's POV

   It's been four days since Mia's last visit, she hasn't spoken much since. I mean she doesn't talk on a usual basis but she'd still give out slick ass comments, instead she just keeps zoning out.

I guess she needs space or maybe she was just embarrassed about crying in my arms. I been wanting to talk to her but I'm low-key scared of her, if you've seen her you'd be too, she's intimidating as fuck.

We were currently in the prison's cafeteria and once again she hasn't touched her food.

"I could feel you staring." Mia stated, her attention was still focused on the book in her hands. She was sat across me, I guess I was zoning out starting at her.

"My bad" I apologized.

"Yo Mia." Tess called out but she didn't respond. "Mia?" She called again still nothing. "Bro?"

"What?" Mia finally answered.

"Well never-fucking-mind" Tess said surrendering.

"You okay?" Amber questioned.

"Yes." She replied.

"You don't look okay." Amber remarked. Mia's was puffy and she had bags under her eyes like she's been crying herself to sleep, her hair is covering most of her face but you can tell if you stare enough.

"I am, just tired." She obviously lied, attempting to brush it off.

"I heard you and your girl broke up" Tracy intervened a smile spread on her face.

"Here we go again." Amber sighed as she face palmed.

"The was just casually on my way to clean the visitation room when I heard them arguing—"

"—Tracy." I called cutting her off.

"You're always in her business." Amber pointed out.

"I just care." Tracy shrugged. "She can act like she doesn't know me but at the end of the day we're still cousins so."

"We're not cousins Tracy, your words." Mia stated calmly.

"Wayment." Tess chuckled. "Cousins?" She's questioned shocked, as I was. They're nothing a like, zero resemblance between them, both in appearance and personality.

"Yep, my mom's niece" Tracy confirmed.

"Anymore information about me you wanna put out there?" Mia questioned.

"She for real Mia?" Tess questioned

"Y'all completely different." Amber pointed out.

"It's normal she grew up boujee when her dad's a whole gangster," Tracy chuckled, trying to provoke a reaction. "Well, until he dropped it all for her boujee ass mom," she added. "They moved to some white-ass neighborhood, that's why she's so whitewashed...with her big-ass vocabulary and shit. I know you guys noticed that she never said not one curse word since she got here. But she's just fronting, she's nothing but a fucking slut."

"Whoa" Tess, Amber and I said in unison but Mia remained silent, her attention focused on the book in front of her, unfazed as if she was used to Tracy talking about her like that.

"The fuck is wrong wid ya ass for real?" Tess questioned.

"What?" Tracy chuckled. "She's a fucking slut just like her fucking mom." She retorted. "Seduced my uncle into getting her pregnant, you probably not even his kid for real." She added and Mia chuckled." Mia even tried to seducing my dad—"

"You can insult me all you want. If putting me down makes you feel better, go ahead. But keep my mom out of your mouth," Mia finally spoke up, her attention still on her book.