𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

6:35 am

Leah's POV

I woke up to the annoying sound of my blaring alarm, fluttered my eyes open, and quickly shut it off. As I turned to look at Mia's side of the bed, a deep sigh escaped my lips. The emptiness next to me reminded me of how much I miss her. It's only been almost a month without her, but it feels like an eternity. I let out another sigh, feeling the weight of longing in my chest, before sitting upright and swinging my legs over the edge of the bed.

As I made my way to the bathroom, I turned on the faucet, the sound of rushing water filling the air. I untied my bonnet, feeling the cool air on my hair, and then slowly undressed, stripping my pajama set. Stepping into the shower, I closed my eyes, savoring the sensation of the warm water enveloping me, starting from my scalp and cascading down my body,

After I finished showering, I did the rest of hygiene and hair my routine. Styled my wet hair in a low slick back, and tied it into a bun. I did my makeup, I brushed my eyebrows with gel and filled em up, applied YSL all ours precise Angels concealer under my eyes followed by a hint of blush to add a subtle flush to my cheeks. A light dusting of powder helped set everything in place, curled my eyelashes and carefully applied a coat of mascara for some extra definition. I applied a touch of highlighter to the high points of my face. Finally, I completed my look with a nude lip combo.

Once I finished, I slipped into a stunning white corset top, paired with black trousers that had a slight oversized fit on the thighs, but hugged my small waist perfectly. To elevate the look, I decided to wear white stiletto heels, their elegance peeking out from beneath the hem of my trousers. I added the Mejuri gold hoops, Mia got me, along with matching gold rings. Before heading downstairs, I spritzed Coco Chanel Mademoiselle perfume on me.

With my handbag and phone in hand, I made my way downstairs. Each click of my heels resonating through the house, I descended the staircase. As I entered the kitchen, the scent of lavender filled the air, mingling with the sweet scent of the pop tart Zackeel was eating. He sat perched on a barstool at the kitchen island, engrossed in a captivating YouTube video playing on his Mac.

"Morning handsome," I greeted him, setting my bag and matching coat on the sleek marble kitchen counter.

"Morning ma'," he responded with a smile, I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a refreshing bottle of water.

"You're up early," I remarked, taking a sip of the cool water.

"Yeah, woke up early to finish some homework," he explained.

"How's back to school going, by the way?"

"It's going okay but people keep asking me a questions." He replied. "Like why'd my sister's girlfriend kill my dad and stuff like that."

"I figured, I'm sorry."

I sometime I forget people don't know Zack's my son.

"It's okay, I just ignore them," he reassured me, "It's the paparazzi who's annoying. Can't catch a break with these people. They're probably outside right now, waiting," he said, clearly annoyed. "I don't even wanna go to school today."

"You don't have to if you don't want to," I told him.

"I've already missed a couple of days when we went to New York. I'd rather not miss any more," he stated.