32 Juliette

I walk out of the bank feeling energy course through my veins. I did it. I finally did it. I opened up my own savings account; it isn't much but its all I have. I even got to order my very own debit card which should be mailed to me in a couple of days. I tighten my hand around the bundle of papers that the accountant made copies of, making sure they don't accidentally float away. God, this feels awesome. My first big girl decision. My phone buzzes. "My other half" is flashed across my screen. Oh no, he didnt. I wait a couple of more seconds before swiping the answer button.

"You took too long to answer, are you ok?"

"Ooops, the caller ID looked unfamiliar."

"Angel, you and that smart mouth are gonna get in trouble one day."

I gasp.

"Only the good kind of trouble."

"Is that even a real thing?"

"It is now." I hear in front of me. I look up to see Alexander standing on the sidewalk with his phone still up to his ear and the most handsome smile ever. Someone's going to die from that smile. He's dressed in black dress pants and a gray turtle neck. I never thought about men; couldn't afford to, given my lifestyle but today I've decided that he's probably the only one that could pull off a turtleneck.

"Hey, baby." he says while making his way towards me.

"How'd you know where I was?"

"I always know where you are. Can't have anything happening to my little angel now."

He reaches me and caresses my face leaning in for a kiss.

"You ready? We can order takeout."

"Sure. Is my place ok?"

"I was thinking we could head to mine?"

"I have to grab some things first, if that's ok?"

"I'll get it taken care of. Let's get you out of the cold. I told you to use Roger if you needed to go anywhere."

"I can walk. I'm used to it."

"Baby, please let Roger know next time, ok?"

"There's nothing wrong-"

"Please. For my own peace of mind."

I sigh. "Fine. I'll do it for you then." That's seems to make him happy since he kisses me, entangles our fingers and leads me towards his vehicle parked on the corner.

Alexander retrieves the bags of food from the door while I dry my hair from our shower where he conveniently had my shampoo and body wash. I grab my leggings that he also conveniently had in his closet before heading towards the stairs.

"Where are you going?"

"I thought we were eating downstairs."

"Let's eat in here."

"In bed?"

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?'

"You just don't seem like the type of person to eat in bed." I whisper.

"Did you forget our first morning together already?"

That feels like ages ago. I feel like I've known this man for months already. At my silence he responds, "Did you really forget our first morning together?"

It's been so long, and so many things have happened between now and then.

"My god, you did, didn't you?" My cheeks get warm at his response and any attempt at trying to recover the missing memory is lost. He continues to stare at me from the door with the bags of Chinese takeout in his hand. I tug his shirt down so it covers more of me feeling conscious.

"I love it when you do that."

Alexander walks over and lightly runs the side of his pointer finger down my cheek.

"These cheeks blush so prettily for me." he whispers which makes my cheeks even warmer and my heart rate spike.

"Who says they only blush for you?" I reply breathlessly knowing it'll probably come back and bite me in the ass.

His eyes narrow. "They better not be fucking blushing for anyone else, angel. I'll find them and make them disappear. Your smiles are mine. Your blushes are mine. Your lips are mine. You're mine, understand?"

That's a lot of "mine's". I've never been anyones but at the thought of it, it makes me feel significant. I nod.

"Say it, baby."

"I'm yours."

"Good, now that that's settled, let's eat."

He gathers me at the waist and directs us back to bed with the bag of takeout. I reach for the sweet and sour chicken I ordered.

"Can I feed you?"

"Why? I can feed myself"

"Because I want to."

Feed me? Won't that be weird?

"Since you forgot our first morning together and all, you owe me this at least."