9 Alexander

Oh, did my little spitfire really just punch me in the throat? I try to cough and laugh at the same time but it comes out sounding like I'm being strangled. When was the last time someone pulled one over on me? I'm still clutching my throat from her punch when she takes off running because that fucker hurt. Have you ever been punched in the fucking throat? It takes me a bit to swallow without feeling my esophagus hurt. Christ, I can't believe that just happened; so much for calling her my little angel, more like little hellion. I head back to my car and intend on following her home but instead of turning onto her street, she heads further down into a diner. I smile. Smart girl. I'll let her off the hook for tonight. After tonight, she's all mine.

"I need you to access the cameras across the street from La Fleur's" I mutter

Bellamy raises his eyebrows in question.

"It's something personal"

"Again?"

"I've picked up a habit recently" 

Bellamy nods. "I'll have it for you by tonight"

"This afternoon. Get Bear to break through the firewalls if needed. I don't care about what needs to be done. Just make sure I have it by noon."

Nothing. Not even a name pops up when her face is scanned. It's like she's not even a real being.

"Scan it again" I say.

"I've scanned her face 5 times already. Nothing comes up."

"Again." I say more sternly.

Nothing again. Impossible. I need to figure out who my little hellion is. I need to know absolutely everything about her down to her menstrual cycle. We scan her face again in hopes that it would pull up any kind of social media account, but nothing. I've even searched up the name Heaven, desperate to find anything but there are over 1000 "Heavens" and none of them are her. 

"Next step would be DNA. Anything you got on her? I can run it and see if that pulls anything up."

"I'll get it to you by tomorrow morning." 

I need to have a little chat with my hellion. She has some explaining to do because none of this makes sense. Bear is one of the best hackers ever. He's been able to find people for me all over the world and the fact that he can't find this one woman has me irritated and intrigued. 

"Cancel the meeting I have with William Bustrova."

"He won't be in town for another month. You're going to push it off? You've had this meeting planned for months."

I grind my teeth clenching my jaw. "I know. Something more important has came up. Cancel the meeting and send him a quarter of the white tiles as an apology." I say while donning my gloves.

I pull up behind the 5 story apartment building and park my bike so it won't be seen. I walk towards the front and pick the lock. This building has poor security. I know for a fact there isn't a camera anywhere on this block and no other person is up at this ungodly hour. I left the club early so that I'd be here before my little hellion got home.  I make good use of my time and survey the inside of the building. There's a stale stench to the interior, like it needs a good airing out. The walls are painted what used to be a cream color but now has stains on it making it look darker. The floor is carpeted and by the looks of it, isn't safe to walk barefoot on. I head up to the 4th floor and stop by her door. I pick the single lock and turn the knob when I hear it click. The door doesn't budge. What? I try the knob again and it turns but the door doesn't open. She's got it dead bolted. The only way I'm getting in is if I break this door down. Oh shit, I've gotta get in a different way. I sigh and lean my forehead against her door realizing what I have to do.