27 Juliette

I wake with very sore muscles and a very sore neck. Alexanders arm is tightly wrapped around my stomach. It must be super early seeing as he's usually up by 7 but he's still snoozing away. I feel his breath tickle my neck as he exhales. I've gotten too used to this body. His body. I turn my head away towards the window that's just now starting to lighten up from the sun. I remember his lips caressing me last night as we got into bed after I stripped for him and then we fucked on that chair. Well, he fucked because, trust me, he did all of the work. My god, I've never seen him so angry. Was he really upset that I tried getting my old job back? I needed to save money just in case. In case he did end up wanting something back from me for paying for my insulin. Money is all I have to offer him then but I couldn't have that as an offering unless I stripped. In. Out. In Out, Juliette. Maybe he was being honest and really doesn't want anything in return. But people always want something in return, you know that.

Past- 8 years ago

I wait for the older man to lock up before attempting to head inside. I hate that this is the bakery I have to take advantage of but this bakery is the only one with a lock easy to pick on this strip. The older man hobbles over to the front and turns the lights off then heads out through the front door, locking behind him. I wait a couple more minutes until he's out of sight before getting out of the hiding spot I found across the street. Looking both ways to ensure no ones around, I head toward the front door and locate the bobby pin I have in my pocket. It's ok Juliette. It's just another store, you've done this plenty of times. The last time I had anything to eat was last night and I'm starving now. I tried holding off as long as I could but knowing Mr. Carver had really bad security here, I knew food was a promise. I've stolen from him once before and it was easy peasy. I jimmy the bobby pin into the lock and wait to hear the click before turning the knob. Yes. I quickly enter the bakery before anyone else sees me. I walk towards the back where the lights are dimmed knowing that's where Mr. Carver stores his bread and pastries for the following morning. 

"Who are you?" is yelled to my right.

I automatically turn and see a younger guy covered with flour.

"I said who are you, girl. Are you fucking deaf?"

"I-I"

"Stupid fuck" he wipes his hands on his apron and makes way towards me. I back up the way I came in.

"I-I just wanted something to eat. Th-The front door was unlocked." tumbles out of my lips.

"Grandpop always locks the front door after himself though" he mumbles.

"Did you break in?"

"No, no. I promise. The front door was unlocked."

"Oh, he must have forgotten. He's been doing a lot of that lately. You're hungry huh?"

I nod multiple times. Starving. Ravenous. Whatever you wanna call it.

"I've got something you can eat."

My eyes light up. Finally. I'm so hungry I feel like I'm going to fall over. My heart calms down knowing I'll have food soon.

"It comes with a price though"

My heart rate speeds back up.

"W-What did you want?"

He stays quiet but his eyes speak so loudly. They run over my body from head to toe and his lips smirk. No. I JUST WANTED FOOD AND HE HAD PLENTY OF IT.  It didn't even have to be much, just half a croissant I'd be fine with. I'd make it last like I always do.

"You give me what I want and I won't call the police on you."

The police. I hate the police. They never did anything right. I could turn right around and run away. But I'm so hungry. I have no other option to grab food from tonight.

"No, no need to call them. I-I'll do what you want" I force out quickly not giving myself a second to think about it.

"I'll do whatever you want so please don't call them"

He smirks. "You give me what I want first. I can't promise you won't throw up the food if you give me payment after."

Present

Strong arms tighten up around me and I'm taken back to the present.

"Morning, baby. You're up early." Alexander says as he kisses me softly on the neck.

"Yeah. Couldn't sleep" I whisper while turning to face him.

"You're so beautiful. I wish I could keep you here all day long."

His lips move down to my chest as his hands slide up my waist. I close my eyes and try to just be in the moment with him but it feels so strange. I was always so focused on my next meal, my next steal, the next place I could find to rest that feeling present wasn't even a possibility for me anymore. And for the first time in my life, I found myself wishing to be someone different for all of the right reasons. Not because I was being taken against my will. But because I wanted to be someone worthy of this mans affection.