Chapter Eleven - Forbidden Earth

The blinding light from the Moon blocked my sight and I fell asleep.

"How do you feel, child" the beautiful woman I have never seen before stood before me.

"I feel pain. Immense pain" I answered.

"My poor child. Aside pain what else do you feel?"

"Anger because my mate and friend rejected and forsaken me. Frustration because the ones who stood by me,I couldn't protect them. Bloodlust to Naomi, who took my place.... what was rightfully mine and bitter because I was rejected and had to go through this pain and embarrassment. The Moon Goddess had to pair with up with Austin. It hurt" I do not know this woman but I just wanted to pour out my emotions

"Child, the Creator has a reason for everything they do" the woman said calmly.

"Really, so there was a reason for Austin to reject me. There was a reason I was created this way? Answer me" I asked feeling frustrated.

"There is always a reason. Austin is an Alpha and a father, it is difficult for him to choose between his mate and his pup and the good of his pack" she said

"What about me, my pain, my suffering and my desire. Huh what about Xena? Don't I exist " My emotions were out of control I didn't notice what was going on around me.

"Xena, you will understand when you become a leader and the weight of your destiny comes crashing upon you"

"Destiny...do I even have a destiny" I scoffed

"Look at me" the authority in her voice had me snapping my head up.

"How....You are me. No that's not possible" the woman before me looks exactly like me she is just a little older with white hair and purple eyes.

"Yes Celeste, that's you name. The name I your mother gave to you before I was killed"

I can't believe this. My real mother,my biological mother is right here with me and am really not sure if am hallucinating again or this is real.

"You don't need to be afraid of this land Celeste. Open your eyes and you will see"

I was not sure I could trust this woman or me myself but I  looked around the land and I saw the war that happened eighteen years ago, how children where killed mercilessly by black vine squeezing the life out of them the same way Ivory was killed.

I saw a man with a woman who was heavily pregnant, I feel the pain the woman felt as she pushed the baby out while her mate fought the black vines, as almost all rushed to attack the born child, the surviving ones also came to support the father as they joined their strength to protect the baby.

The one thing I noticed in this was they all had purple eyes and fast speed like me. My heart broken as my people protected me. Chanting the words that i will never forget.

May our ancestors be with you
May the Moon guide you
Avenge us Celeste
Avenge us

Those were the last words of everyone before they took their last breath. I watched as my mother didn't have the time to mourn the death of my father. She screamed heretically at the vine to stop coming closer. I watched on as I cried seeing my mother at the blink of madness.
But she was killed, the vines strangled her.
I read her lips before she gave up the ghost.

      Survive Celeste. Survive

"That was the fate of the entire Canis Lupus of the Arctos Clan, they gave their life for their future Queen. There in heaven we hope you avenge us"