Chapter Twenty

It's been three months of constant training, agonizing combats and stamina building. I could say I was getting better but not entirely.

It felt different training with swords, arrows and knives. It felt like a medieval era thing compare to now that we use guns in this modern days.

The most difficult part of the training for me was having to shift and turn back naked. Irene and the females in the pack didn't mind however it felt foreign to me. I have a mate. But after doing it constantly, it somehow became more natural even though Damien made attempts to stop others from staring at me, that has given him the title of my mate.

Irene and I well...if it's safe to say, I can say we've become acquaintance but not friends.

As for Damien I know he is the only pure breed White wolf I know but even during training he never shifts though his senses and speed is equal to that of a shifted wolf however he doesn't allow it and I don't know how good that is. Irene has frustrated him into shifting many times but to no avail.

Tomorrow we head to the werewolves council which is located between the North border and that of the East.

Alpha Alexandria plans to send ten Warriors to the site. Irene, Damien, the two women I meant the very first day I came here, Becky and Bella, Irene left and right eyes, myself and two more female Warrior and three males. Making us a group of six females and four males.

I stepped out to cool off and relax for the possible battle ahead. I have come a long way and now am one of the people going to fight what killed my childhood friend Ivory, and ruin my life as well. If that didn't happen Austin wouldn't have......

Stop it, concentrate on other things. It's been three months and I haven't felt anything from him and I hope it remains so.

"Xena" I turned to see Damien who was looking nervous. The relationship between Damien and It was no longer that of kinsmen however we are now friends.

"Damien. What's wrong? you look nervous" I asked.

"Am nervous... I mean tomorrow we officially face our destinies not only as the Moon Warriors but as the only surviving white wolves."

"We can do this Damien, it's our destiny. We can as long as we believe we can. Okay" I tried squeezing his hands to reassure him.

"Sorry to cut your chitchat both of you, Alpha Alexandria wants to speak to us" Irene cold voice diminished the warm atmosphere.

We followed her walking into the same hall room we walked in four months ago but we are different now.

"In less than eighteen hours you guys will arrive at the council court. You will be boarding the plane by night and will arrive in the morning. So pack your loads and get ready" she took a deep breath before looking at us with deep concern in her eyes.

"Please watch over each other and don't let yourselves get hurt. Go in peace and come back in one piece."

She hugged Irene, Damien and I before we left her alone, I turned to give her one lingering look and read the her lips.

Never Give Up No Matter What Happens

I tried not to get emotional as I took her words to heart. I will never give up.

We boarded the plane the wolf council sent to pick up the warriors from all over the world, some people were already seated there. Irene shook hands with some of the captains.

"Listen closely Xena, these people wouldn't give a damn about you because you are the queen of the white wolves. Here in this part of our world, the contest for power, fame and connection drives people insane so it's better to be feared than respected." I nodded in understanding.

I took a seat beside a man who isn't up to twenty or would be the same age as me. However what shocked me was the connection I felt between us. His blue eyes turned to bright brown as he mind linked me first.

" Good evening Chosen one". I was so shocked that I temporary forgot how to speak, thankfully queen quickly stepped in.

"Evening to you too" Queen replied while resurfacing. I took control back from her, checking out the guy whose name I still didn't know. As though reading my mind he said.

"Am Tyler Martins, nineteen years old, from one of the packs in the southern region." He paused before eyeing me up and down.

"And you not what I expected you to look like, no offense though, but from the tales of the chosen one. I didn't expect you to be a teenager." He said.

"May I remind you that you are also a teenager" I said with an eye roll.

His laughter was loud enough to have heads turning towards us. The blue eyes were bright and his white skin was almost pale. he is tall but a few inches shorter than Damien.

We chatted about a few things, about life as a Warrior and what to expect from this battle field.

According to him, the black vines has stopped attacking, so the council thought it was a 'good' idea that we bring the battle to them. I don't know what made them think it's a good idea but according to them this was a way to understand the enemies weakness which was good however the sacrifice was too much.

We continued to talk about other things eventually Damien and the rest joined in on the conversation, I noticed that Damien and Tyler got along quicker and the urge to sleep slowly crept in.

"Xena, Xena" the voice was soft and gentle as though caressing a new born awake.

I struggled to keep my eyes open, only to feel the celestial demeanor of the Moon goddess.

"I won't disturb you much Xena, just listen to me. Always be levelheaded at all times, never let you emotions get to you. Times were you don't know what to do, let your instincts guide you".

" Now rest my child, you will need it for the battle ahead."

People who succeed in life never have it easy.