Chapter Sixteen - The Change

I woke with determination this morning willing to face my fears and accept whatever my future holds however I can feel that determination scrambling away.

Irene decided to pair me up with a guy who is twice my size, I am not even up to his chest and the muscles in his arms are like the size of my thighs.

The rules of the game was that on no account should anyone transform to their beast form but am not sure how long I can hold back my tears cause this guy is flinging me with no sympathy like am some piece of rag.

My back collided with the wall erupting an agonizing scream from my lip. The pain was excruciating, nothing like I have ever felt.

I tried to get back in the fight when my pussy clenched and a finger nail like scratch appeared on my skin, basically everywhere on my skin and I was red. I realized that the pain was not from the fight but from my mate... I guess the others also noticed it.

"Beta Irene I don't know what happened" the bulky guy said nervously. Irene approached me while touching me simultaneously.

"How more of a burden could you be, carry her to the Alpha's house and for the rest of you continue with your training. I don't want anyone slacking off." Irene said the first part of her sentence in a whisper which only I could hear.

As the bulky guy held me I screamed even more as the pain intensified. He ran as fast as he could to Alpha Alexandria's house.

"How dare you enter without knocking Huh you sure have some...." Alpha Alexandria trailed off in her speech as I looked at her with a tear filled eyes.

"What happened to you Child" the bulky guy laid me on the couch.

I continued to cry out in pain. Even though I knew what was happening to me I still couldn't bring myself to say it.

"Irene, Marcus leave us" Alpha Alexandria said to them.

"Yes Alpha" they both replied synchronously.

"My poor child, Xena you have to go back and accept his rejection else this pain will never stop" she said after about forty to fifty minutes of waiting patiently for the pain to stop.

I wondered how long my mate could last, was he rough or was he gentle.
  Focus Xena focus

"How do you feel now child" Alpha Alexandria asked.

I looked up to Alpha Alexandria, fears surge through my veins as I realize I was resting my head on her laps while she was smoothen my hair in an affectionate manner.

I tried to sit up quickly not wanting to be disrespectful. I mean she's the Alpha. However she wouldn't let me.

"No need Xena. Relax, you are also my daughter. Now tell Mommy what happened" I am so touched that I couldn't control my tears. It felt nice to have another mother figure.

"He rejected me because I was different, because then I was able to shift. He called by a pathetic excuse for a mate. He embarrassed me publicly. Rejected me and accepted another that very minutes." As much as I tried to cry, hot tears spilled from my eyes.

"Am so sorry Xena, however you need to accept his rejection and show him you can survive."

"I can't Alpha. I can't go back. You don't understand what I went through. The pain of rejection, the embarrassment I went through, the heat I had to go through without my mate by my side. The hallucination that almost drove me insane, you want me to go back to that. No way"

"So what, you stay here and endure the pain while you limit your self. Xena you have two options. One, you either go back to your previous pack and accept his rejection and give up or you go back and fight for you mate. Your choice" I was slightly taken aback by her tone.... didn't she say she was my mommy. 

"Have you ever wondered why I named my pack the Luna's Fury and why I a woman singlehandedly rule a pack with more than two hundred werewolves without a mate."she asked. For a moment I did wonder why it was named Luna's Fury and why she was alone. I assumed it was probably because her mate was died or something.

" You know, we all grow up believing that love heals everything, that when you love each other that's all it takes but sometimes love is not enough." I was also one of those people who believed in love however it was never enough.

"As the only daughter of the Alpha of the third biggest pack in the southern region, I was pampered and well taken care off. I didn't know life wasn't laid out in a platter of gold"

" When my brothers found their mates, I felt lonely. They were always with their mate, creating a family. I felt envious,I wanted my own." She took a pause and I waited patiently.

"To cut the long story short. My mate was an alpha from a small pack in the southern region. His pack was close to insignificant, even I didn't know his pack existed. At first, I thought I finally had it. That my life was picture perfect, however it wasn't." A lone tear escaped and she roughly wiped it.

" He was flirt, a man who a single woman could never satisfy. Even when he had sex, he always had three women on him. I heard these rumors but I didn't want to believe them thinking because of me he would change but that never happened."

"Rather he became worse. In his pack women weren't valued, they were seen as sex toys and practically a bunching pack to release their frustration. And worse of all, the women he slept with were his own pack members. The men in the pack shared their mates with each other" I cringed at that. How will you feel knowing that someone else is having sex with you mate and you willing allow it.

"They are crazy" I spat the words out in disgust.

"You have no idea Xena. Crazy is an understatement. When we had sex, it was never blissful and you know butterfly in the belly and being in the clouds feeling, it was never like that for us. He was all about his own satisfaction and never mine"

"Sometime he made me strip in front of his pack members. I wasn't seen as the Luna of the pack, I was seen as just another woman of their Alpha." More tears streamed down her eyes, I didn't even realize that I was also crying with her.

"I beared the embarrassment and constant rape from the so called Warrior of the pack. I was supposed to be their Luna however I was their slave. At first it was difficult cause in my father's house I don't do anything. But I was forced to learn it the hard way"

"I received constant beating from pack members and my very own mate. For nine years I endured, hoping and believing that he would change, believing I was there to make a difference. What a wishful thinking." She signed trying to stop her tears.

"Until the day I got feed up" the anger in her eyes were strong somehow I felt that anger and then I blacked out.

Author's Note.

A woman shouldn't depend on the protection of a man. She should learn to protect herself.