𝟯𝟭. escape.

☪︎˚ ˚
𝑮𝑳𝑶𝑹𝒀 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑮𝑶𝑹𝑬
chapter thirty one: escape.

           MIKAYLA SWUNG THE CAR DOOR OPEN, grabbing her dagger from her boot, she waited from Michonne to hop out before closing the door

MIKAYLA SWUNG THE CAR DOOR OPEN, grabbing her dagger from her boot, she waited from Michonne to hop out before closing the door. Walking towards the former sheriff and the others, she glanced around the open road.

"They have patrols," Michonne informed them, "we're better off on foot."

"How far? Night's coming," Rick questioned.

"It's a mile, maybe two," Michonne answered.

The group grabbed their bags and weapons before they began their walk though the woods. The redneck stayed behind, making sure that the younger Rhee was following their agreement, Mikayla sent him a small smile as she matched her pace with him and the former sheriff.

"You know, what you both did for me, for my baby while I was," Rick began, "working things out. Thank you."

Mikayla sent the former sheriff a reassuring smile, "it's what family does."

"Took the words right out of my mouth," Daryl shrugged, "Rick."

"Get down," Rick ordered, "get in formation. No gunfire."

The redneck quickly grabbed onto the younger Rhee's arm, pulling her towards him before the five of them took out numerous of walkers that had crowded around them, "there's too many," Mikayla mumbled as she watched the walker she had just killed fall to the ground.

"This way," Rick ordered, pulling the younger Rhee beside him as he moved forward, Daryl following close behind the two, "through there," he whispered.

"Come on," Daryl urged the other two behind them as they moved through the clearing in the woods only to stopped as they saw a small cottage. One by one the entered in, Mikayla gagged at the smell that swfted in her nose.

"The smell, it's loud," Daryl spoke covering his nose.

"What the hell is that?" Oscar asked.

Mikayla covered her nose as she followed closely behind the redneck, "smells like something die," she mumbled.

"Probably a fox," Daryl told her, "or what's left of one," his eyes landing on the dog that laid out on the floor, Mikayla quietly gasped at the sight, "I guess Lassie went home."