𝟬𝟴. what lies ahead.

☪︎˚ ˚
𝑮𝑳𝑶𝑹𝒀 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑮𝑶𝑹𝑬
chapter eight: what lies ahead.

            SILENCE FILLED THE RV, EVERYONE WAS MINDING THEIR OWN BUSINESS

SILENCE FILLED THE RV, EVERYONE WAS MINDING THEIR OWN BUSINESS. Mikayla draw in her book as Alex rested her head in between her arms, trying to get some rest. The two teenage girls couldn't sleep while they were out in the door, they would been the sleepless nights cuddled up together.

Four and Shane had sat cleaning their guns on the table, Shane was on the other table with Alex and Thomas who was checking out his gun, while Four was at the one that held Mikayla. Humming as she shaded a part of her drawing, Glenn glancing over at his sister every so often, smiling at the sight of her drawing.

Mikayla sighed as she glanced up, watching Four clean his gun, her eyebrows knitted as she watched him take apart the gun, "what are you doing?" She questioned.

"I'm field stripping."

Mikayla cocked up an eyebrow.

"Cleaning every inch of it," Four explained, placing the gun down in front of him, he smirked, "what me to show you?"

That commented made Thomas glance over towards their table, his eyes never leaving the raven haired girl. Mikayla nodded, pulling out her gun, after the little incident of searching for a safe space to hunker down at Guillermo's place backfired on the group.

Daryl had convinced the older Rhee to give the raven haired girl a gun, it took a while until Glenn finally agreed. Nevertheless, Mikayla still was going to get a gun, Daryl was gonna make sure of it. The redneck grow a soft spot for the young Rhee throughout the couple weeks on the road.

Four wrapped his hand firmly around the semiautomatic pistol, slowly pulling it apart, ever so often glancing at her while he did so, "it might look complicated but," he then removed the magazine, "the trick is getting all these pieces back together."

Mikayla nodded as she leaned forwards to get a better view, her hand brush against his. Four glanced down at how close their hands were, clearing his throat, "I'll help you clean and put everything back together."

Mikayla nodded, "how complicated does it get?"

"You'll get the hang out it."

As the two began to clean the gun, the RV slowly halted to a stop, causing Mikayla's eyebrows to knit together in confusion, sharing the same facial expression as Four, the two glanced out the window, seeing a flipped over truck blocking their path. She sighed as Daryl waved at her as he pulled up next to the RV.