𝟮𝟭. beside the dying fire.

☪︎˚ ˚
𝑮𝑳𝑶𝑹𝒀 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑮𝑶𝑹𝑬
chapter twenty one: beside the dying fire.

            THE WHOLE GROUP WAS SET INTO PANIC MODE AS SOON AS THEY GOT INTO THE HOUSE

            THE WHOLE GROUP WAS SET INTO PANIC MODE AS SOON AS THEY GOT INTO THE HOUSE. Each checking all the windows and doors were secured, the group sat around the living room as they waited for the six men to return with good news that they had Randall but it never came.

Mikayla gnawed down on her fingertips as she waited, her eyebrows knitted together, deep in thought. She knew the six men could take care of themselves but the fact they were out there with Shane, didn't sit right with her. Not after Four had told her that Shane almost killed both him and Rick.

Alex's hands placed themselves over hers, shaking her head at the raven haired girl, "you need to stop doing that. It's bad for your teeth."

Mikayla sighed, she glanced around the room something didn't sit while in her gut as she took a look outside. Her eyebrows knitted together as she spotted silhouettes in their distances. Whipping around she watched as Daryl, Four, Thomas and Glenn entered the home.

"Rick and Shane ain't back?" Daryl questioned the group, his crossbow in his hands as he made his way into the living room.

"No," Lori stated.

"We heard a shot," Four annouced as he made his way over towards the raven haired girl.

"Maybe they found Randall," Lori suggested.

Daryl shook his head, "we found him."

"Is he back in the shed?" Maggie questioned.

"He's a walker," Daryl informed, Four nodded in agreement as the group looked between the four men.

"Did you find the walker that bit him?" Hershel questioned the four of them.

"No, the weird thing is he wasn't bit," Glenn spoke, causing Four to glance towards the ground. And he knew exactly why.

"His neck was broken," Thomas added on.

"So he fought back." Patrica suggested.

"The thing is," Dayl spoke, "Shane and Randall's tracks were right on top of each other. And Shane ain't no tracker, so he didn't come up behind him."

"They were together," Four announced, his voice stern as he glanced around the room.

"Would you please get back out there and find Rick and Shane and find out what on earth is going on?" Lori pleaded as she walked closer towards Four, he nodded glancing over at the redneck.

"You got it."

Four placed a kiss on the raven haired girl's temple before the two of them walked out of the house coming to a halt upon hearing groans from outside. Quickly making their way out onto the porch, the others followed closely behind.