𝟬𝟵. search parties.

☪︎˚ ˚
𝑮𝑳𝑶𝑹𝒀 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑮𝑶𝑹𝑬
chapter nine: search parties.

            THE RAY OF THE SUN BEAMED DOWN ON THE GROUP, Mikayla had barely gotten any sleep, she had spent the night starring out of the window of the RV towrads the woods

            THE RAY OF THE SUN BEAMED DOWN ON THE GROUP, Mikayla had barely gotten any sleep, she had spent the night starring out of the window of the RV towrads the woods. She was the first one awake, leaning up against the RV as she waited until the former sheriff had woken up all the others.

"Everybody takes a weapon," Shane instructed as everyone gathered around, placing the aresal that Carl had find the other day on the hood of a car, opening it so the others could grab a weapon. Daryl shook his head, grabbing the weapon out of the raven haired girl's hand, replacing it with one of his daggers.

"These aren't the kind of weapons we need," Andrea spoke, "what about the guns?"

"We've been over that. Thomas, Daryl, Four, Rick and I will be carrying. We can't have people popping off rounds every time a tree rustles," Shane sighed, annoyance laced in his tone.

"It's not the tree I'm worried about," Andrea mumbled.

"Say somebody fires at the wrong moment, a herd happens to be passing by. See, then it's game over for all of us," Shane stated.

Thomas rolled his eyes in annoyance, "just get over it. We're losing daylight."

"The idea is to take the creek up about five miles, turn around and come back down the other side. Chances are she'll be by the creek. It's her landmark," Daryl explained.

"Stay quiet and stay sharp. Keep space between you but stay within sight of each other," Rick instructed as he grabbed his sheriff's hat.

Glenn pushed his sister in the middle of the group as they trudged into the forest. It become quiter as the group went along, Mikayla sighed and glanced over towards Alex, who was staring at her, a slight smile on her lips. Mikayla playful rolled her eyes, "I swear if you start playing I spy, I will trip you over," she stated.

Alex's smile fell, "oh, come on," the brunette playful shoved the younger Rhee's shoulder which had made Mikayla chuckle.

A few meters into the forest, the group had stopped. They spotted a tent up ahead, Glenn pushed the younger Rhee back, "she could be in there," Shane muttered.

"Could be a whole bunch of things in there," the redneck pointed out.

Rick, Shane, Four and Daryl began to move forward once more, while Glenn and Thomas had stayed behind with the girls. Watching their surroundings in case anything would jump out and attack them. Shane, Four and Rick had stopped halfway while Daryl pulled out his knife, crouching next to the opening of the tent, glancing back towards Four and Rick with a shrug, the three men glanced over towards Carol.