𝟭𝟮. safe & sound.

☪︎˚ ˚
𝑮𝑳𝑶𝑹𝒀 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑮𝑶𝑹𝑬
chapter twelve: safe & sound.

          "BY FIVE MINUTES, MAGGIE," BROOKE'S VOICED ECHOED THROUGH THE KITCHEN

"BY FIVE MINUTES, MAGGIE," BROOKE'S VOICED ECHOED THROUGH THE KITCHEN. The younger Rhee, glanced over towards the two Greene, sending them a welcoming smile. "Look at you," Brooke spoke, "looking alive and well."

Mikayla chuckled as she ran a hand through her hair, "yeah," she nodded, holding a cup out for one of them to take, "I made some coffee, just to say thank you."

Brooke's face broke out into a smile, glancing between her sister and the younger Rhee, "she's cute and makes coffee," she mumbled, causing the older of the two to giggle at her words.

"I also made one for you, Maggie," Mikayla announced, handing her the other mug, "just a 'I'm sorry if my brother was problem' coffee."

Maggie shook her head, "I'm ensuring you he wasn't," she told the younger Rhee, taking the mug out of her hold, "but thank you."

Brooke almost spat out the coffee once those words left the older Greene's mouth. It wasn't just a second ago, Maggie was gossiping to her about the older Rhee and what had happened at the pharmacy. Maggie glared towards the brunette, covering her mouth, Brooke shook her head, coughing a little, "it's a bit hot," she lied, "surprised me a little."

Mikayla's eyebrows knitted together, as she glanced between the two of them before slowly nodding. Brooke sipped more of her coffee before clearing her throat, "also," she spoke, "that redneck friend of yours took my horse."

Mikayla's eyebrows furrowed together, "by himself?"

"By himself," Brooke repeated, confirming. Mikayla sighed, throwing the rug down on the table. She quickly turned on her heels to walk outside by was stopped by Four, turning her around.

"Why you gotta tell her that?" He questioned Brooke, "you'll make her wonder around to try and find him."

Brooke shrugged her shoulders, "damn, redneck took my horse."

Four rolled his eyes at her words, focusing his attention back towards the younger Rhee, "you still got the gun?"

Mikayla nodded, "it's in my tent. Why?"

"I'm gonna need," Four stated, Mikayla's eyebrows knitted together, "you don't know how to properly use it. If you wanna learn, I'll teach you but I need the gun."

Mikayla's eyes searched his for a brief moment before nodding, "yeah. Yeah, fair enough. It's under my pillow."

Four nodded, giving her one last look. He sighed, "you'll get it back, don't worry," he whispered to her before walking out of the kitchen.

 He sighed, "you'll get it back, don't worry," he whispered to her before walking out of the kitchen