𝟭𝟬. a miracle.

☪︎˚ ˚
𝑮𝑳𝑶𝑹𝒀 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑮𝑶𝑹𝑬
chapter ten: a miracle.

          RICK HADN'T RAN THIS FAST IN HIS LIFE BEFORE, HIS FOREHEAD LACED WITH SWEAT

RICK HADN'T RAN THIS FAST IN HIS LIFE BEFORE, HIS FOREHEAD LACED WITH SWEAT. Rick didn't stop, his hand applying pressure on the wound as best as he could. "Stay with me, Mikayla, Stay with me!" Pressing down on the wound even harder as before which made the raven haired girl slip back into conscious, she groaned in pain, "I know, I know, sweetheart. Stay with me."

Four glanced over towards Shane harshly shoving the man that shot her forward, "how far!? How far!?" He shouted.

"Another half a mile, that way! You'll see the house! Ask for Hersel! Tell him Otis sent you!" He informed them, sounding breathless as he trailed behind them.

Rick glanced over at Four, who nodded, grabbing onto Carl as the former sheriff speeded up. Knowing Carl was safe with Four and Shane, Rick pushed himself farther. It was obvious the man didn't mean to shot the teenage girl as he franitcally panick and shout them the directions to the farm.

They all felt their legs burn with every step they took, Mikayla let out a painfully scream as Rick tried to keep her blance in his arms, her head rested against his chest, "I know, I know," he whispered against her ear.

The farm, the men had been telling them about was in Rick's vision, he ran as fast as he could and didnt stop for anything. Mikayla groaned, "Glenn," she mumbled, causing tears to form in the former sheriff's eyes, he shook his head.

"Don't," He stated as he sped up, the closer he got towards the house, he spotted two figure near the front door of the home, watching with wide eyes.

A group of peole emerged from the door and onto the front porch when they had spotted Rick, the unconsicous teenage girl in his arms, "please help," Rick begged.

"Was she bit?" The elder man asked as he eyed the two stranger suspiciously. The blood from Mikayla had completely soaked through her own clothes and onto Rick,

"Shot. By your man," Rick corrected.

"Otis?" The blonde woman next to the elder man asked.

Four panted up the stairs next to the former sheriff, "he said find Hershel. Is that you?"

Rick didn't even let the man answer, he walked closer towads the house, "help me," he begged, "help Mikayla."

Hershel nodded, "get her inside," he told him.

Rick hurried inside the house after the man, leaving Four behind in the front yard, he crounched down towards Carl, engulfing the little boy in his arms, letting him cry.

Hershel guided the former sheriff into another room, carefully placing the raven haired girl onto the bed. Her head rolling to the side as he did so, indicating that she was fully unconscious, the last words she had said to him was Glenn.