𝟬𝟰. bury a friend.

☪︎˚ ˚
𝑮𝑳𝑶𝑹𝒀 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑮𝑶𝑹𝑬
chapter four: bury a friend.

            MIKAYLA SAT BY THE ASHES OF THE FIRE FROM LAST NIGHT

MIKAYLA SAT BY THE ASHES OF THE FIRE FROM LAST NIGHT. Her eyes drooped with exhaustion, she was too scared to shut them. The camp fell silent, either from grief or from fear, the group wouldn't be the same. The amount of bodies that was scattered around the campsite was too much for the young Rhee.

What hurt Mikayla the most was the sight of Andrea hovering over her dead sister's body. The group had tried multiple times to help Andrea but the blonde didn't budge, her eyes glue on Amy in case of any movement. The pair had made the group nervous, Daryl had called Amy a ticking time bomb.

Sounds of faint foot step fill the raven haired girl's ears, glancing up she spotted the redneck. Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion as he handed over a Chinese dagger for her to take, "thought you might need it. Y'know, just in case," he told her, before retreating away.

Mikayla stared down at the dagger in her hand, confused on the rednecks sudden kindness. She sighed as she pulled the dagger out of the case, it was small but it didn't matter, putting it back in, she tucked it away in the side of her shoe. Dusting her pants she glanced around the site, running a hand through hair, her eye landing on a familiar pair. Four stared at her, his eyebrows furrowed together as he had watched Daryl's little interaction with the raven haired girl.

Mikayla broke away from the stare, her attention towards Glenn, Daryl and Morales — the three of them separating and disposing the dead bodies

Mikayla broke away from the stare, her attention towards Glenn, Daryl and Morales — the three of them separating and disposing the dead bodies. She glanced towards the older Grimes, picking up and dropping the dead into piles. She sighed, tying her hair back before making her way over towards them. Alex sent the girl and small smile, as the two bent down, grabbing a hold of the dead body before putting it with the pile. They had a system, a system either the walker was burnt and the ones they know had to be buried.