A Promise

31st NIGHT

MALIK MANSION

The whole Singh and Malik family had gathered around the campfire arrange in  the backyard of the Malik Mansion.

"Daadi aap thik hain na...aapko thand toh nahi lagraha?"Haseena asked.

"Bilkul nahi...budhhi samjha hain kya mujhe.Tumlogo se zyada fit hoon main."Daadi said making everyone laugh.

"Yeh le Hasi pakad apna shawl."Rudra said coming out of the house.He threw a light blue shawl at Haseena who immediately wrapped it around herself.

"Abb samjhi aap Chachiji yeh kyun pucch rahi thi aapko....issko hadd se zyada thand lagti hain.Sardi k samay isko bistar se bahar nikaalna matlab ek kathin kaam."Haseena's mother said laughing.

"Kya mumma aap humara mazak uda rahi hain."Haseena said frowning.

"Sach bol Rahi hain aunty."Rudransh said earning a glare from Haseena.
"Tanu Bhabhi aap kuch gaao na."He said changing the topic."Aise mahol mein thoda gana bajana hona chahiye."He said.

"Haan Tanvi beta kuch gaa aur Rudra tu Guitar Baja."Sadhna Malik said.

Soon Tanvi started singing and Rudra joined her playing his guitar.

Anubhav looked at Haseena who was wrapped in a blue shawl..her open hairs spread across her back and shoulders and her specs falling on her nose.She was immersed in the music swaying her body from front to back.The camp fire had casted a yellow tincture on her  face making her dusky skin glow like molten glow.
He just couldn't remove his eyes off her,he felt like he was some sort of magnet attracting him towards her.He doe eyes as innocent as a child,her pink lips as if sculpted by any skill sculpture and the mole beside it as if to ward off any evil eyes were doing some kind of sorcery on him.

Haseena looked at Anubhav when she felt his gaze on her.She found him looking at her without blinking and her cheeks automatically turned red.

On the other hand Rudransh and Tanvi's performance got over and everyone clapped for them which brought Haseena out of her dreamland but didn't had any effect on Anubhav.

"Nazar lag jayegi.."Dadi said,Haseena looked at her to find her looking at Anubhav with a smirk but our Anubhav was still lost.

"Anu...teri hi hain,itna mat ghoor,nazar lag jayegi."She again said,this time a bit loudly bringing him out of his trance.

"Waise Naya saal shuru hone mein bas 5 hi minute hain...toh Rudra Shell ready hain na?"Shaurya asked.

"Haan Bhai...chaliye sab chhat par chalte hain."Rudransh said and all of them went to the terrace.

"Bas 5 second bache Hain."Haseena said as Rudransh fired and everyone started the count down.

"5...4...3...2...1..HAPPY NEW YEAR"

The shell bursted in the sky spreading its sparkly hues all around.

Everyone hugged their respective partners while Kashish and Daadi hugged each other.Rudra's phone rang and he went aside to face time Madiraskhi.

"Happy New Year Anubhav."Haseena said with a smile.

"Happy New Year Haseena."He wished back pulling her in a hug which shocked Haseena beyond infinity.This was their first hug and both of them felt a different sensation.Haseena too wrapped her arms around him and patted his back lightly.Haseena broke the hug and tucked a hair strand behind her ear.