XXXI

Harper

"That was a good movie." Bennie says as the credits roll. She takes all the bowls and cups to clean up the place a bit, leaving Mo, Ashofta and I alone.

"I hope they make a second. It's too good not to." Mo added.

I look over to my younger sister to see Ashofta lead on her, peacefully sleeping. I had already had my suspicions with this friend of Mo's but this only confirms it.

"Mo." I start.

"Yeah?"

"Are you two dating?" I ask.

There was a short pause and then Harmony sighed, "Yeah. We are."

"Okay." I nod.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

"Don't apologise. It just explains a lot."

"I guess. Can she still stay?"

"Of course. I'm going to deny her safety just because you're dating."

Mo let out a sigh of relief, looking down at Ashofta, "I love her, Harp. I haven't told her but I do love her. So much."

"You should tell her. I'm sure she'll feel the same." I advise my sister.

"I will. Oh, congrats on the engagement." Harmony said.

"Thanks. I'm really happy about it. She makes me happy."

Just then, Bennie walked back in and must've only caught the end of my sentence because she asked, "Who makes you happy?"

"You." I smile at my fiancé.

"Aw, you pull on my heart strings." Bennie whines as she sat down next to me. She gave me a light kiss, conscious that Harmony and Ashofta are still in the room.

"What's going on?" I hear a tired voice ask.

"It's just Harper and Bennie being the cute couple they are." Mo chuckled softly.

"Barper for life!" Ashofta cheers.

"Barper?" I question.

"It's your ship name. It's all over the Internet. You should search it up on TikTok." Harmony explained.

"I just might." I challenge. I pull out my phone and open the app. I search "Barper" and scroll through some of the videos. It's just edits of the night Bennie got me on stage and the photo we posted, announcing us being together.

"They need more material." I cringe. Only because I've seen the same photos at least twenty times now.

"Then post more cute coupley things." Harmony argues.

I look to Bennie who nods, "They go crazy when we make an appearance. But I need to speak to my parents first."

"Why?"

"I wanna tell my family before we put it on social media." Bennie

"It does necessarily have to be the announcement right now. Just post something cute." Harmony argued.

"Like one of those TikTok filters. You try them out together or something." Ashofta suggests.

"Maybe later. You two should head to bed. It's late." Bennie's said.

"Okay, Mom." Harmony mocked Bennie. I felt a pang of sadness rip through my chest. I think Mo picked up on this and she immediately apologised, "Sorry."

"It's fine." I shake my head.

"Why are you sorry?" Ashofta asked.

"Our Mom died four years ago." Mo said quietly.