Chapter - 40

The clock struck 12 as a loud noise was heard, from the old wooden clock. It was midnight but Taehyung didn't move an inch for the past few hours from his position.

As everyone shared glances, Mr. Kim decided to take the initiative. He went towards Taehyung and kept his hand on Taehyung's shoulder. He was just staring blankly at y/n's face. His face had no more expressions. As if he has lost all his words. He was numb, no more tears no more saying, "Y/n get up I am waiting for you", just pure silence.

"Son, you should go to the other room and take some rest." As soon as Mr. Kim said this Taehyung looked up to him. However his eyes made Mr. Kim take a step back. Taehyung had blood like red eyes, they were filled with emotions. The emotions that he was not showing on his face or through his words were actually present in his eyes.

"Dad, don't ask me to do something like that. I am not leaving y/n at all. I will stay here till the end. If she has decided to not wake up then I will sit beside her and wait for her like this forever. I am not going to give up on her."

Everyone was in pain but at the same time felt so proud of Taehyung. In a situation like this anyone would just give up.  But maybe it wasn't the same for him, because Taehyung truly loves her. His true love was the reason he wanted to wait for her forever.

He felt as if y/n heard him, Taehyung saw how a tear rolled down from her left eye. As soon as he saw it he realised she was listening him. He wiped her tear from the side and kissed her on her forehead immediately.

"Y/naah I know you can hear me isn't it? Look I didn't give up on you. Your Tae didn't give up on you. Are you happy? Isn't that what you always wanted? Someone who never gives up on you. I am late but finally I realised. You never wanted riches, happiness and the world you just always wanted someone who would not give up on you no matter what.

Even if you were, you were leaving st-still not to give up on you isn't it. Look I didn't. I would never." He broke down into tears by the end while Mr. Kim who was standing near him patted on his back trying to calm him down.

Suddenly the beep sounds of the heart monitor got fast again like before. Taehyung looked at y/n's face again she was trying to breathe harder, however this time it felt like she was fighting to get back to her life. She was fighting to survive.

Taehyung pressed the alert button immediately as the doctors and nurses rushed inside immediately. Taehyung even though didn't wanted to but was seperated from y/n. They looked at y/n's figure, she was actually struggling to breathe and to get up.

Doctors had serious emotions on their faces and Taehyung felt his heartbeat could stop at any moment. Every second felt like a decade for him. He was aching mentally seeing y/n's condition. Finally y/n's heart rate came to normal and there he saw her eyes opening. She closed them immediately because of the sudden light and the feeling. But she was awake. She beat death for the second time.

Taehyung hugged his mom and dad in happiness as they patted his back. Everyone was in tears but they were all out of extreme happiness and relief they felt.

"She's back. She didn't leave me. She didn't leave me." Taehyung bawled his eyes out as he fell on his knees thanking God, for keeping y/n safe. Everyone hugged him tightly. He was the most broken one.

However it was all over for now, afterall he has got his life support back.

"Mr. Kim, I am happy to tell she's good now. She needs extreme care as the next one week will be really vulnerable but she's out of danger now. Make sure she eats healthy her body needs strength a lot and lastly panick attacks and stress are like deadly poison for her so make sure to keep her away from everything. It's a good news that she had beat the situation. Her disease as again stays for now but you know this time she has better chances to survive than before. Just take care of her." The doctor said as he took his leave and Taehyung sighed in relief rushing towards y/n's side.

She was squinting her eyes maybe trying to look and then her eyes automatically searched for Taehyung and got stopped immediately she saw him. Her oxygen mask was still there as the nurses said it will be removed a few hours later after some inspection but she had a slight satisfactory smile on her face.

Taehyung kissed on her forehead and took her hand in his saying, "Thank you for staying and fighting. Now enough. Let me fight your battles  for you now. Please." He pleaded as y/n lightly nodded her head earning another kiss on her cheeks from Taehyung.

Everyone shared how glad they were feeling. Telling her good things and finally took their leave as Taehyung was alone with y/n now. It was almost morning and Taehyung looked tired. The oxygen mask was removed and so was the saline drip but y/n was asked not to talk or move much. Seeing how bad Taehyung was looking she realised he cried a lot at her absence even if it was just for a few hours it felt like an eternity for Taehyung.

She scooted a bit away patting the side of her asking Taehyung to lay beside her. She knows he needs sleep. She knows he was tired of crying.

Taehyung however shook his head and said, "No please you will be uncomfortable. You sleep I will watch you. I don't need to rest. Your presence gives enough energy already".

Reality was also that he was scared. Last time he fell asleep and didn't realise y/n was getting a panic attack. Only if he was up waiting for her then maybe he could have stopped y/n's panick attack.

"I won't be able to sleep if you aren't beside me. Please." Y/n said her voice low and weak but filled with love. How could Taehyung deny her request so he nodded and laid beside her slowly scooting towards her and very delicately took her in his arms, hugging her.

Y/n laughed at how softly he was touching her, not even babies are held that softly.

Taehyung frowned seeing her laughing, "What? Doctor said you are really sensitive. What would happen if I hurt you because of my weight?"

"I can expect everyone hurting me, but you can never. You will never hurt me Tae."

Taehyung smiled and placed his lips on hers. They were chapped and y/n felt insecure but Taehyung made sure to ease all such thoughts in her mind because who cares? He doesn't for sure.

***
First of all:- Happy Jin Day 🎂💜

And that was the 40th chapter.I hope you all liked it. So show your love by voting. Will meet you in the next part.