Chapter 32

"Kook, start the car IMMEDIATELY" Taehyung almost yelled breathlessly. Y/n's condition didn't look so well suddenly.

He settled in the backseat of Jungkook's car with her in his arms and all he could do was to wonder that was he that much out of his mind that he didn't notice y/n's condition. How could he forget a simple thing that she is ill. Maybe because she never shows her discomfort and hides it well behind her pretty smile.

But still he was supposed to be the one to notice it without her telling. He felt guilty for raising his tone on her as well. The more time passed by all he could do was to blame himself. Throughout the car ride to the hospital which was just of 15 minutes but felt like an eternity he kept on rubbing y/n's hand and checking her pulse.

She was breathing and pulse even though very low but still was there. That was the only thing stopping Taehyung from breaking down into tears as all he could mumble was to request y/n to get up.

As soon as they reached the hospital Taehyung rushed with y/n immediately and admitted her to the emergency. He didn't wanted to leave her side but had to which made him more weak. His anxiety was making it hard for him to breath as he continuously prayed for y/n's condition.

His knees gave up and he sat on a bench feeling helpless and Jungkook after completing all the important forms needed sat beside Taehyung trying to console him. Just a few minutes back he was daringly killing the men, fearless and mightily. However as soon as it came to his love, he was sitting there all devastated.

He was the same Mafia King but for his love he was nothing more than a small baby always needing her beside him. Finally after waiting anxiously for half an hour the doctor came out of the room. Taehyung stood up immediately asking for y/n's condition but it was clear from the doctor's facial expressions that it was not so good.

"Look Mr. Kim, you know she has a disease right. Well the medications she is trying is helping her body for sure but she's still very much vulnerable. She might seem normal from outside but a little bit of stress on her can cause a lot of hamper. Now we can't prescribe her any medicine of dose higher than the current ones, because her body won't be able to handle it. So she needs rest, love, care and mostly a stress free life. Well I know it's hard but it's better if you understand that her lifespan is not very much. I fear it's her last days. But we can't still give up.

I know she might get well too if it's a miracle. So let's try our best. For now she's out of danger but extremely weak. We can inform the rest only after she regains her consciousness. You can meet her." The doctor said and patted Taehyung's back before leaving from there while he sat back sighing. He felt extremely guilty. Obviously she was stressed because of him. Who wouldn't be stressed seeing their man fight. But then that's what he does. He's afterall the Mafia King.

"K-kook, what do I do? Doctor says she's in her last days, it feels so bad. It hurts knowing I might end up losing her." He asks the younger one as his tears finally flowed down his eyes. He was controlling them but he couldn't anymore.

"Hyung, don't give up so easily. It's our y/n, she's really strong and I have full trust that she will recover very soon. You don't worry it's her last days being in the disease and not in this world. Fill her last days with love. I am sure she will be completely fine soon." Jungkook said trying to motivate the elder one and Taehyung heard everything quietly as tears were still rolling down his cheeks. He was all silent but he was going through a lot of emotions altogether. However he can't fall weak, he has to stay strong for his love afterall.

Finally nodding his head Taehyung took slow shaky steps towards y/n's room. His heart beat fast still now and he opened the door slowly. His heart sank immediately seeing the condition of y/n. A lot of tubes attached to her body , the sound of her heartbeat in the meter. And finally her pale face covered with the oxygen mask everything was just making Taehyung want to cry more and more.

He took a seat beside y/n's bed on a chair and held the hand that was free in his hand. He slowly placed a kiss on the knuckles of her hand as he stared at her face, her eyes closed. Her chest hardly rising up and down as if she wasn't even breathing. Her state was making Taehyung question himself repeatedly, 'Was she really that sick?'

He could only think how he failed to realise that how much weak y/n was. It wasn't really his fault, who would imagine the girl who was laughing, playing around being cheerful all day long was suddenly almost fighting with the death.

"Y/nah I am sorry. Your Taehyung is really sorry and he is really bad. How could he get angry on you? He forgot no one is allowed to get angry on y/n not even him. But I am scared. You won't leave me right? You promised you won't." He said as he started crying and his voice started cracking. He couldn't control his emotions at all.

He was regretting every single thing he said to her out of anger. Even if he wasn't angry on her. He shouldn't even have left her side at the very first place. How could he forget she was the priority. He should have left from there with her letting his guards control the situation. Why did he had to jump into the fight leaving y/n alone all tensed.

He stopped crying when he felt movements. As he looked up he realised he was right as y/n was getting her consciousness back. She was trying to open her eyes but wasn't being able to maybe because of the strong light.

He immediately pressed the alarm button which made the Doctor come into the room for checkup.