CHAPTER 1

The sun rose lighting up her whole room. Cool breeze along with the sunlight entered the room, peeking through the curtains. Y/N took a deep breath before getting ready for the day. She doesn't knows what awaits for her.

Y/N was an orphan since childhood and later on was adopted by her uncle and aunt, that too so they can get ahold of her property, which her parents left for her before their death. It's absolutely sad how they behave with her, but she has no other option until she becomes capable enough to live off alone.

She turned 19 last month, but already needs to manage a part time job along with the household chores she does at home. She doesn't goes to school anymore because her aunt didn't want her to study. She had two cousins and they are also abusive towards her. Still she is just trying to live her life.

Y/N finally does her morning routine and goes towards the kitchen to cook breakfast. She would cook for the whole family except for herself. She was not allowed to eat anything on her own. Only the left overs of the family was what she would eat. Now that she has been doing this for years she's quiet used to it.

She somehow managed to complete her work and after arranging all food and dishes on the table she sat on the floor kneeling down looking at her feet. Waiting for the others to come and have their food, so that she gets to have something before she goes to work.

"Aah bitch!! You woke up pretty early today. But still cooked the same darn food." Y/N's cousin Sohee said complaining but y/n didn't even dared to look up. She kept on looking at her feet playing with her fingers.

"She's such a useless kid, no wonder her parents died. They found it easier to die than to raise her up." Her second cousin Minhee said but still y/n just accepted everything she said.

Even she would blame herself for the death of her parents. She had been a bad omen for everyone since her birth and that's what her uncle and aunt said to her since when she had the ability to understand. There has been no one yet who would love her, but still she lived thinking maybe someday her life may change. Maybe someday her good deeds will bring her some good luck.

She was lost in her thoughts but suddenly recieved a tight slap on her face. She fell down on the floor holding her cheeks in pain. Tears rolled down her cheeks and she looked up to find who it was. To her horror, it was her aunt. 1 mistake and she would make sure that y/n even trembles to do her next work.

"Is that how you behave when someone calls you huh!!!" Mrs. Choi Aera, y/n's aunt spoke with a bitchy tone. Her eyes shooting daggers to that innocent little soul on the floor.

That was the punishment she got for zoning out for a while.

"Go and clean the room instead of sitting here and looking at our food like a beggar." Mr. Choi, y/n's uncle said in a demanding tone. Y/N nodded her head gulping in fear and started walking towards the living room but stumbled and fell down on the floor.

She groaned in pain, meanwhile her cousins laughed. They intentionally made her fall down. Still y/n immediately stood up, fearing that she might not even get to eat anything if her aunt becomes angry.

To her bad luck exactly that happened what she feared of. After completing the rest of the chores like cleaning the room, and doing some laundry she returned to the dining area with a hope that some food might have been left over for her. She got disheartened when she saw nothing was left for her.

"Sorry y/n the dog outside seemed hungry, so we gave all the food to them." Sohee said laughing with Minhee and y/n just nodded her head with a sad smile.

She finally left the house for her part time job, and saw the dogs. Yes they were actually eating her food. However that sight made her smile.

"I might be hungry, but I am happy that you got the food. I am happy for you all." She said with a smile patting the head of the dog before going for her part time job.

There she stood before a bakery with a few cents in her hand enough to buy her a loaf of bread. She secretively kept that money with her for future purposes. Rest she had to give to her aunt.

After buying the bread, she happily munched on it. Since last night she had been hungry and finally after getting something to eat she let out a sigh of relief.

She finally reached the coffee shop, where she used to work. She clocked in wore her apron and started taking orders and doing her job as always. She would hardly talk with anyone in the shop and would normally do her job.

She was busy in her job and didn't notice that a pair of eyes were continuously keeping on her. There was sitting the man, she would despise if she knew him. However her busy eyes could never rest on that man. She never noticed how that man would come in that coffee shop daily only to get a glimpse of her. He loved her since a week now but y/n never noticed him.

"Tae, let's go." Another man called him and he nodded his head. However before leaving he once again glanced at y/n with eyes full of love and adore for her. It's her innocence which always attracted him.

While other girls would die to look at Taehyung, even the ones working in the same coffee shop, y/n would always be true to her work and dedicatedly did her job.

He did try to gain her attention but would always realize that she was too busy to look at him. He was like a hopeless romantic for her, still waiting for the right time to approach her.

"Why don't you talk to her ? Who will deny someone like you? You are rich, you have power and on top of that you are handsome. You have everything then what are you waiting for?" The other man with Taehyung asked, looking at his bestfriend everyday he too realizes how much he loved y/n.

"That's the reason, I want her to fall for Tae and not Kim Taehyung. Kim Taehyung is rich and powerful. He has the whole world under him. The man who might be even merciless. However Tae, is the guy who is real me. Just a hopeless romantic who loves someone, even if it's one sided. You see she never recognized me as who I am so I will not approach her as the underground me. I'll be only Tae for her." He replied with a smile and the other man looked at him in quiet disbelief.

"It's true when people say, that no one can understand the Mafia King."