SP: Chapter 7 "Suffice"

The festival is in full swing for it's last night of the year with C in the center of it wearing a mask that resembles a Grimm's bone face on the side of his head. He is living it up with Blake beside him as they're both eating food. His scroll suddenly rings, so he pulls it out his pocket and sees that Summer is calling him. He switches it to a video call and answers it. "C! Why haven't you answered my calls?!" C hollers back to make sure she can hear him.

"Hey Mom!" Summer is confused by the loud noises and all the people behind him.

"Where are you?"

"I'm on Menagerie! At the Summer Festival!"

"How did you get to Menagerie?!" Tai looks over at Summer and sits next to her.

"Hey Tai!"

"Hey C. You doing good?"

"I'm fantastic! This place is awesome!" Someone hands him a kebob. "Thanks!" When he looks over to take a bite of his food they see his mask. Summer looks at it before speaking to him.

"C is that a Grimm mask?"

"Yeah! We all get one based off our trait!"

"They know?! Do I need to come get you?!"

"No! It's cool, look! I'll call you back when I get back to the house I'm staying at! The people there will explain better than I can! But first check this place out!" He holds the camera back and spins showing the festival behind him. Blake pops up behind him holding two glasses of strawberry lemonade and holds one out to C. "Thanks Blake." Summer and Tai share a look before Tai asks a question.

"C, who's she?" C brings Blake in closer to show her his folks.

"Oh this is Blake! Her family is letting me stay in their guest room after I saved her from a Grimm attack." Blake shyly waves at the camera with a slight blush on her face. Suddenly the music picks up and people start cheering. "Oh I gotta go! I'll call back in an hour or so!"

The call ends, and Summer looks at Tai with worry. "I'm sure he's fine."

"But what if he's in trouble?"

"Sum, I saw him be thrown through our kitchen wall, jump back up with a smile on his face, and continue to fight like nothing happened. He'll be fine."

An hour passes and C and Blake are heading back to the Belladonna residence. C is telling a story with Blake giggling every so often. "So I totally knocked the guy out."

"No you didn't!"

"I swear I did."

"So why was your friend trying to fight her sister?"

"We didn't know it was her sister at the time. They got separated at birth. It's a long story." They make it to the door of the Belladonna's and head inside. Once there, Kali peeks her head out of the kitchen and smiles.

"Oh hey, you two! Sit down I just made some tea." They do as she says as she walks in with a teapot and cups on a tray. She pours the tea into the cups, and they all enjoy the drink. She sits on the couch across from the kids as she sips her tea.

"Miss Belladonna-"

"Oh you're such a polite young man, but Kali is fine, Dear."

"Miss Kali, can I ask a small favor?"

"Sure."

"My mom, Summer Rose, is really worried about everyone here knowing that I'm, ya know, a..." He puts his hands up with his claws coming out. "Grr, and all." Blake and Kali giggle at his antics before Blake realizes something.