CT Chapter 2 "Searching for Glory"

Satsuki glares at C while tightening her grip on her sword. C feels the sudden shift in atmosphere and all the hostility everyone starts letting off. He holds his hands up slightly. "I feel like we're not on the same page, so let's start from the top. My name is C, and I'm not from this universe. I originate from a place that no longer exists. I travel the multiverse to help save worlds in serious danger. Well, I did. I abandoned my post after a falling out I had with my team." Sanageyama scoffs and reaches for his kendo stick.

"Prove it." C snaps his fingers and suddenly teleports behind Satsuki. Everyone gasps in shock as Satsuki keeps her composure and looks over her shoulder seeing him standing there. C then makes a portal in front of him and one back where he was standing before walking through it.

"Satisfied? I've got pictures and videos too."

"That won't be necessary." C looks to Satsuki and nods.

"Can I put my clothes back on?"

"Yes, but leave the coat off."

"Can do." In an instant C is clothed and everyone is again shocked. "Before you ask, let's just get it out the way. I am an Ultimental."

"An Ultimental?"

"Throughout the multiverse Elementals can be found. There are three classes Elementals, Elementites, and Ultimentals. An Elemental can control a naturally found element, think fire, ice, plasma, lightning, etcetera. The Elementites can control manmade and idea elements, think strength, mind, speed, technology, and other things of that nature. Ultimentals are the strongest and they control universal spanning concepts, time, space, gravity, life, death, reality, shadows, light, force, and energy are the only known ones." Inumuta leans back in his chair and looks at C.

"Fascinating, if it's true then which are you?"

"I'm an oddity among my peers. I'm the Ultimental of time, space, and gravity. Most people don't get more than one, but after an... incident." He looks over the blue stitched on hood of his coat. "I ended up with a friend's element. After getting her's I unlocked gravity." He looks to the table and waves his hand making it glow ruby red. The table suddenly fixes itself and the glow disappears. He clears his throat and looks back to Satsuki. "Any more questions?"

"You claim you abandoned your post as a hero, why?" C sighs and looks to the ground.

"I was revered. People used to look upon me and felt hope, when I came into their sight they knew they were safe. I was the hero who could do no wrong, who never spilt blood. It was a lot pressure, and I eventually couldn't live up to everyone's expectations. I was tasked with bringing down someone. They sent me because they knew that I wouldn't kill him, but when I saw him with that smug look on his damn face, the same damn look he had when he killed my friend, I lost it. We tore apart that entire city in our fight. When it was all said and done I stood over his body covered in blood and the city was in ruins. I didn't know how to go back to being a hero after that. I let vengeance rule me and I don't know how many suffered for my mistake, so I decided to fly solo, and help where I can, but I don't think I can face my team. I was supposed to be the best of us, yet I caused more death in ten minutes than all of them combined. Civilians, families, children all died because I gave into my selfish rage. That's why I'm not a hero anymore. I'm just a guy trying to do good." He looks up and matches Satsuki's stare. She stares into his eyes to find a hint of a lie or something for her to doubt, but she's met with a steely glare full of regret.

"We could use help." Nonon looks in shock at Satsuki.

"Really? You want to recruit him? He could be lying!"

"But he's not, are you?"

"I'm a lot of things, but Momma didn't raise a liar."

"The information I'm about to tell you doesn't leave this room. The very fate of the world is at stake. This information can never be told to another soul outside of this room. Am I clear?"