SP: Chapter 13 "Last Night of Your Life"

Chains rattle as a figure moves his arms to a more comfortable position. He sits in the corner of the dark basement. The door to the basement opens, and his older sister steps in with a plate with a bowl on it in one hand and a bucket in the other. She sets the bucket down and hands him the plate while going to her knees. He takes the plate in one hand and then begins eating the stew with the spoon. She reaches into the bucket and pulls out a wet sponge. She rubs the sponge over his face to clean the dirt and dried blood off. She sees that the wounds their father placed on him have healed up despite happening only an hour ago. She places her hand against his cheek and smiles at him. He gives her a small smile back before continuing to eat. She goes back to cleaning him starting at his neck before placing the sponge back in the bucket. He drinks the broth from the stew before placing the bowl back on the plate and handing it to her. "I'll bring you some water after you finish cleaning. I'll be back in five minutes." She leaves the basement and he uses the sponge to clean himself up before she returns with a plastic pitcher of water, a towel, and a metal container She hands him the pitcher, and he drinks two mouthfuls from it before setting it down. She then takes the pitcher and pours some of the water on his head to clean his hair a bit before drying his hair with the towel. "You wanna play a game?" He nods his head as she smiles brightly. She opens the metal container revealing two decks of cards and ten six sided dice. She deals him six cards from the one deck and herself six from the other before handing him five dice while keeping five for herself. He doesn't respond and instead picks up all his dice and rolls them. They total up to sixteen. She rolls hers, and they total to twelve. He takes one of the cards in her hand as she pouts. They continue playing until the game ends with him having all six of her cards. She looks at her watch before placing the dice and cards back up. "I better finish my chores. Dad'll be home to let you out." She grabs the towel and metal container before heading back upstairs. She stops at the door and looks down at him with the light from upstairs beaming in behind her. "You'll be set free one day, Li. Then you can see the world and how much good is in it. I promise." She leaves the room and closes the door behind her. He sighs before taking a small drink from the pitcher.

"Don't hold your breath, Lav." The door opens not long after she leaves, and his father comes in.

"Light, you're awake." He steps down the stares and sits in front of his son. Light notices that his father has fresh deep gashes across his jaw on the left side. "How do you feel?"

"Like I got my face smashed in." His father nods his head.

"Sorry about that. You scared us when you suddenly went berserk. I'm glad you've calmed down now. Let's get you out of those chains." He reaches for the shackle, but Light pulls it away from him. "Light?"

"Not yet. Just in case."

"Son, you'll be oka-" A sudden gunshot from upstairs makes him turn around and stand up quickly. "LAVENDER!!" He runs up the stairs two at a time. Banging and grunts are heard upstairs as Light jumps up and tries to get out the chains.

"DAD! LAV!" He struggles in the shackles until he eventually starts pulling his wrists through. His hands snap and break as he pulls himself free. His blood flows out of his broken hands as he rushes up the stairs. His hands snap back into place. When he gets there he sees his father on the ground with a sword in his gut, his sister shot in the stomach, and a group of people are being torn apart by Grimm right outside. He grits his teeth as his blood covers his hands.

"Li?" He falls to his knees next to his sister. He takes her hand and places the damp towel to her wound before applying pressure.

"You're okay, you're gonna be okay."

"Those men...were here for...you. I don't know.... how they knew... The Grimm pulled them out... Ignored us..." She takes a deep breath and puts a hand on one of his. "Li... see the... world..." Her hand falls to her side as her chest rises and falls one last time. Light places his forehead on hers before closing her eyes with the backs of his fingers. He walks over and does the same to his father before hearing a gunshot behind him. Blood pours from the small hole that now goes through his head. He growls as he turns and jumps on the figure before lifting his hands up and shoving his thumbs through the eyes off the person who shot him. His thumb claws spring out ending the struggling and screams instantly. He gets up and walks out the front door. The Grimm turn to him, and he growls until a voice speaks to him.