SP: Prologue

"Our story begins with a brave warrior. He was born with unique gifts, a pure heart, and grey blood flowed through his veins. He traveled across Remnant slaying Grimm, helping those who could not help themselves, and making friends. In time he was given the titles Dragon Slayer, Monster of Man, and The Grey King. Across the world his exploits were told, but no one knew his true identity, except those closest to him. He stood as a faceless beacon of hope for everyone whose ears heard of his adventures. They were considered far fetched to some, and to others, true facts. One day, an evil darkened the land, threatening to swallow all of Remnant whole, but with the help of his friends, the Grey King stood victorious. However, the battle came at a great cost. The king sat upon the throne of the great evil, and he was turned to stone. His friends and family were filled with grief until the two brothers came to Remnant once more. They touched the stone to view the King's memories and heart. Both were deeply moved by his compassion for his fellow man and his courage to stand against evil, so they set him free of his curse, returning him to life before deeming him to be Remnant's protector and leaving forever more." Summer Rose puts the story book she was reading in her lap. "What did you think of that one, Ruby?" She looks over at her daughter, Ruby Rose. The young girl smiles wide.

"I loved it! Read another one Mama!" Summer smiles softly at her child before patting her on the head.

"I can't. Mama has to get ready for her next mission." Ruby pouts.

"Aww. Please?"

"Sorry. I'll read you more when I come home in a couple weeks. Okay?"

"Okay, Mama." Summer kisses Ruby on the forehead before placing the book on her nightstand. She gets up and heads towards the door when Ruby's voice makes her stop. "Mama?"

"Yes, my little petal?"

"Do you think the Grey King was real?" Summer thinks for a moment.

"I think there is a lot of truth in all fairytales."

"Do you think I could be like the Grey King?"

"You don't have to be, Ruby. I love you just the way you are. Goodnight, Sweetie."

"Goodnight, Mama." Summer cuts off the light and leaves the room, closing the door behind her. She checks on her stepdaughter, Yang, and sees that she's asleep in her bed. She walks in her room before kissing her on the cheek and leaving. She then grabs her bag and her weapon, Sundered Rose, before opening the front door. Her husband, Taiyang, waits on the porch. They embrace and share a kiss before saying their goodbyes.

"Be safe. I'll hold the fort down while you're gone."

"I will. I love you."

"I love you too." She walks off the porch before disappearing in a burst of white rose petals. Taiyang sighs before walking in the house and closing the door behind him.