SP: Chapter 9 "Nothing Like the Rest"

Yang looks out the window staring at C as he does handstand push-ups in the yard. Summer looks over at her stepdaughter after putting the plate of cookies down beside her. Yang doesn't look away from the window, so Summer looks out and sees C push off the ground and flip onto his feet. He starts shadowboxing, and Summer smirks at Yang. "Ya know he's right there. Go talk to him."

"What? Who? Him? I wasn't staring at him or anything."

"Really? So that blush on your face must be from the heat then? I know how to fix that. I'll tell C, he'll take care of you." She goes to walk to the door, but Yang grabs her hand.

"No! Don't embarrass me, Mom!"

"I'm just messing with you, Yang. You should go talk to him before he leaves again."

"I don't even know what I should say. When I try to talk to him I get all nervous, and I blush a lot, and I start stuttering, and then he smiles at me, and then I get even more nervous, so I run away." Taiyang walks into the room and sees the two talking.

"Hey girls, what's up?" Summer looks up at him.

"Talking about C."

"What about him?"

"Nothing!" Summer turns her back to Yang and makes a heart with her fingers before pointing to Yang and then to C. Tai's eyes widen, but he quickly composes himself.

"Tell you what, I'll give you some lien and a ride to Vale, and you two can go have fun. Summer, you'll help her get ready while I help C, yeah?" Summer gives a nod and drags Yang up to her room as Tai walks to the window and opens it. "Hey, C!" C stops shadowboxing and turns to look at Tai. "You mind coming in so I can talk to you?"

"Alrighty." C jogs back towards the house and picks up his shirt off the ground before walking into the house. "So what's up?"

"I was hoping you'd like to go to town with Yang. I know you don't like staying in one place for long, but it'll be good for you to relax with someone your age. Besides, between me and you, she misses you when you aren't here. You're pretty much her best friend."

"Yeah. I don't mind. It'll be fun."

"Cool. You should go and get a shower while Summer helps Yang get ready." C gives him a thumbs up and walks away. He walks into Ruby's bedroom and knocks on the doorframe. She looks up from her book of fairytales and smiles.

"Hey, Big Bro! You wanna read with me? Or play some video games?"

"I will when I get back. I came to ask if you've seen a box with my clothes in it?"

"Ummm..... Yes! It's in here!" She gets up, opens the closet, and spills toys and plushies out onto the floor.

"C'mon, Rosebud. Summer is gonna kill you when she realizes you aren't putting things away right."

"Don't tell!"

"I won't, but she'll figure it out eventually." C looks into the closet and pulls out a two foot by two foot square box. He opens it up and finds several folded pairs of clothes.

"Don't you keep clothes in your bag?"

"Yeah, but they are usually wrinkly, not to mention covered in holes and stains."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Well, I'm trying to look good."

"Why?"

"Because I'm going out."

"Can I come?"

"I don't know Rosebud. You'll have to ask your dad."