SP: Chapter 11 "Face It"

C, Yang, and Ruby walk towards the massive castle like structure in awe. Yang crosses her arms as she looks at the academy. "The view from Vale's got nothing on this." Ruby suddenly starts getting excited and pointing at people's weapons.

"Oh! Ohh! Guys! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she has a fire sword!" Ruby starts cartoonishly heading towards people with stars in her eyes until C picks her up under her arms and places her back between him and Yang with the latter looking at Ruby in confusion.

"Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons." C places a hand on his face.

"Oh no." Ruby looks at Yang in shock.

"Just weapons?! They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh they're so cool!" She places her hands in front of her as Yang still seems confused by Ruby's delight.

"Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?"

"Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better." Yang grabs Ruby's hood and pulls it over her head.

"Ruby, come on, why don't you go try and make some friends of your own?"

"Why would I need friends when I have you two?"

Well... actually my friends are here now. Gotta go catch up! 'kay? Cya, bye!" She dashes off towards her friends leaving C and Ruby alone with the latter dizzy from Yang's sudden exit.

"Wait, where are you going? Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms? I don't know what I'm doing." She falls back knocking some white suitcases off of a luggage cart. C looks down and helps Ruby up while noticing the logo on the case.

"That looks like-" He's cut off by someone yelling.

"What are you two doing?!" C turns and sees Weiss Schnee.

"Snowbird!" C takes off his hood from his jacket and smiles wide at Weiss who's in shock to see him.

"C?" C suddenly scoops Weiss into a hug which she reciprocates with a blush on her face. "Get off me, we're in public!" C puts Weiss down with a smug look on his face.

"Oh please, little miss tsundere, everyone knows we're friends. We've performed on stage together."

"I do not need someone taking a picture and sending it to my father on my first day here! What are you two doing ruining my luggage anyways?!" C looks down at the bags Ruby knocked over before quickly placing them back on her cart. Ruby quickly tries to explain.

"It was an accident! Sorry!"

"Sorry? Do you have any idea the damage you could've caused? Who even are you anyway? Some obsessive fan matching my friend's looks?" C suddenly pops back into the conversation.

"Uh Weiss this is-"

"Shush! I'm standing up for you!" She crosses her arms and glares at Ruby before picking up a slightly opened bottle of dust. "This is dust mined and purified from the Schnee quarry." Ruby seems a bit overwhelmed by Weiss's attitude.

"Uhh"

"What are you braindead? Dust! Fire, water, lightning, energy!" Weiss doesn't seem to notice that the bottle in her hand is leaking and spreading through the air into Ruby's face.

"Uhh."

"Are you even listening to me? Is any of this sinking in? What do you have to say for yourself!?" Ruby suddenly reels back, so C steps between them quickly as Ruby sneezes. Said sneeze results in fire, ice and lighting exploding over C making him cough as he's covered in soot with his hood blown back over his head. He shakes the soot loose as the bottle Weiss was holding goes flying away, landing at the feet of a familiar black haired girl with amber eyes and a bow in her hair. C laughs at the explosion before placing his hands in his pockets. "Unbelievable! This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about!" C puts a hand on Weiss's shoulder and one on Ruby's head, ruffling her hair as she nervously fidgets with her fingers.