Chapter 48: The last night

((Short chapter))

Thorin POV

I walked towards my bedroom, violets soft hand gripping mine tightly. Before we could get to my room, she gently pushed me into hers. "What are yo- mmph!" I was cut off by her pulling me for slightly and sealing the space between us, pressing her lips to mine. I held her waist gently as her hands pressed against my chest. I backed up slightly until she pushed me harder, knocking my back onto her bed. Before I could reply she crawled on top of me, kissing my lips once again. This wasn't like her sweet kisses she normally gave me...this was a lustful kiss full of heat and passion. She pressed her body down on me as she playfully bit my lip. I smiled into the kiss and rolled her over, putting her on the bottom. "So what's gotten into you?" I asked lowly. Suddenly she leaned up, wrapping her legs around my waist. "I don't know if I can wait two years to have you Thorin." She whispered. Her bright green eyes met mine, she was being serious. There was nothing but truth and passion in her eyes. "My love...I want nothing more than to have you however I wouldn't feel right having sex with you until your an adult..." I said calmly brushing hair out of her face. "Why?" She asked desperately. "Because It wouldn't feel right...I'd feel as though I were taking advantage of you." I said calmly. Violet sighed and leaned her forehead against my shoulder. I furrowed my brows and gently rubbed her back. "Violet...please...lets just go get you packed." I said. "I don't want to leave though...Thorin I don't want I be away from you!" She said as she hugged me around the chest tightly. "V-Violet I know but there's no other way we can get around this." I said. She said nothing, only shook her head. "W-why can't you come with me?" She asked. "I just can't...though I won't be to far behind my love. There's nothing that can keep me away from you for to long." I said kissing her head. "Come on...lets go get you packed." I said. She nodded and got off of me, as I stooD she grabbed my hand, her hands were shaking and her eyes avoided mine. I could tell she was an internal wreck....I had no intention of making her feel this way. I quickly walked us down to my bedroom and opened the door for her and allowed her past, however she refused to let go of my hand. "My love your going to need to let my hand go so I can help you pa-" before I could even say the word her hand tightened and her face remained emotionless. "Violet, dear your going to break my hand!" I laughed. Her face however stayed emotionless. "Violet what is wrong? I know there's something more than just not wanting to leave." I said gently. "I don't want to leave you..." She said quietly her voice was slightly strained. "Do you honestly believe it won't break me heart to watch you leave that gate? Please tell me what else is bothering you." I asked cupping her cheek in my hand. She shook her head, her eyes pinching with tears as she pressed her cheek into my palm. "Please don't make me go...I'm scared" She whispered, her voice scarce as she looked me in the eyes. I felt my heart ache as her broken eyes met mine. "What are you scared of?" I asked. "Going home! I-i have no idea what lies ahead if I leave this mountain and I don't want to know!!!" She cried bursting into tears. I frowned and pulled my hand out of her grasp and hugged her to my chest tightly. My hand on the back of her head holding her to me, while my arm secured around her waist. "My sweet beautiful Violet, if this wasn't the only option then I wouldn't make you go. Don't worry though, they can't keep me from coming to see you, I also promise I will the first chance I get." I said rubbing her back. I felt as her body tensed and shook. "Oh no, no my love please do not cry" I said softly. "You are more beautiful than every star in the sky, wiser than anyone I've ever known, and braver than I. There is no chance on earth that I will stay away from you for very long, my heart wouldn't bear it." I said lovingly. "R-really?" She asked. I let her go and looked at her. "Of course." I said with a small smile looking down at my beloved. Suddenly she wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me down, pressing her lips to mine. She pulled away and turned away from me, walking to the closet and beginning to pull some of her clothes out. Even though we gave her her own room she refused to be away from me. I could understand why, with all the hell she's gone through I wouldn't want to be alone ether. As well as adding on to me making her walk all the way back to The shire...she's probably not very happy with having to make that entire journey again. "What house do you want me to buy when there?" She asked softly. "Any house you want." I said as I began looking over her weapons, making sure they were in perfect shape. I began to hear her breath hiccup and hitch...please don't cry again. "C-can I do this is the m-morning?" She asked, her back remaining to me. "Of course you can." I said, feeling sever sympathy for her. She nodded and dropped the clothes she had in her arms to the ground as she crawled into bed. I sighed as I watched her curl into a ball under the sheets. I frowned and slid her sword back into his holder before standing and pulling off my shirt, along with my pants leaving me in my boxers. I slid into bed beginning to pull the sheets over me, as I did so Violet slid herself into my arms and rested we head against my chest. My heart ached knowing this would be the last time, for a long time, that I would be able to hold my precious Violet in my arms as we slept. I felt my eyes begin to water however tried to blink them back however that failed as tears began to fall like a stream. I wiped my eyes and took a deep breath hoping to not disturbed Violet. I felt the emotions I knew I was suppressing begin to come to the surface. I didn't want her to leave...she made me feel whole...she's the only woman I've ever felt the need to protect...the only woman who at the though of them missing from my life actually got to me. I turned on my side and wrapped my arms tightly around her, making her squirm to get comfortable in my grasp. As I rested my head above hers, I felt a tear streak down my face as I sniffed and hugged her closer. I glanced down at her sleeping face...and saw the one thing that actually made my heart shatter. I've seen Violet cry many times before...softly and violently. However...this one tear...this one tear where I saw agony and heartbreak...broke me.